Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by heesey1010, Jul 15, 2006.

1. heesey1010 macrumors member

Stupid question,
    for the MacBook, where do you store the front row remote? Is it magnetically held in place? or do u just keep it in like your drawer or something? Lol, I know, stupid.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I don't have a Macbook, but I'm pretty sure its just stored loose (i.e. not attached to the computer)... :)

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i haven't even opened mine yet (really no need).. but yeah, it's supposed to just be stored loosely and separate from the computer (although as you may have read, some users have found that you can attach the remote to the MB via the magnets... heh).

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

What about the MBP? where is that placed? Will it stick to the Titanium or is it Aluminum?...

5. wako macrumors 65816

the remote itself is not magnetic. it is able to stick to magnet parts of the macbook allowing it to stick

I personally like the remote, and I usually keep it in my desk so I have easy access to it. Its a pain in the ass when you fast forward a short scene, but dont want to go into another chapter. The remote works nicely when I watch DVDs.

6. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i dont really ever use front row. at least not yet. i might hook my macbook up to some speakers and play music through them but the need for that hasnt come up yet.

7. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

shove it in your "back pocket."

...did i just say that out loud?

8. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

there is a small magnet on the left hand center side of the screen, though, it's probably not meant for it. It still holds it there though ;)

9. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

iMac: Magnet in right side to hold it.
    MacMini: Store it loosely.
    MacBook Pro: Store it loosely (or on the palm rests)
    MacBook: I have it on my mousemat.:D
    iPod Hifi: Store it loosely.

10. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

The screen doesn't close flush when you store it there...and you have to press really hard to close it.

11. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I know, but when it's open. I know Parietti does that...:D

12. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

That sucks... Give me a remote for a portable thing and I'm just suppoed to carry it around... I guess I dont have to carry it around but it'd be nice to get to new destination and use the remote.

I'm sorry to say it but my gf has Windows Media Center and I really like it. Front row is nice, but I feel like its got some ways to go. Does anyone else feel this way?

13. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Yeah, I agree...having the remote where you'll use it seems much more useful to me. I always have to shake my head when I go visit my parents, and they have the tv remote stored on top of the TV....IT MAKES NO SENES WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh yes your so right. I forgot how portable TVs are.

It'd be nice to have a slot to hold the remote or at least a magnet in the remote itself.

15. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I never said TVs were portable...this conversation just reminded me of how many people store the remote control in the worst possible place. If you're using the computer, the remote is kind of pointless. It's when you're across the room that you need it.

If you're needing the remote to output to a TV, I suggest keeping the remote with the TV out adaptor, and the power adaptor when you travel.