Stupid safari question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Solafaa, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

How can i set my bookmarks alphabtically? as of now it is like this:
    Football >
    computer stuff >
    games >
    music >
    Fun stuff >
    research >
    movies >
    www.something.com
    www.somethingelse.com
    www.extra.com
    www.andsoon.com

The things with the ">" on its right are folders but how can i put them alphabtically, its easy with IE but i dont seem to find away with safari.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I don't think there's a way beyond doing it manually with "Show All Bookmarks" (and dragging everything around). Which is really, really silly as an omission. There might be shareware to do so.

3. ElRojo macrumors newbie

ElRojo

Try SafariSorter

Newb to Mac and even bigger Newb to the forums. But, I did have this problem myself and SafariSorter is working great for me.

http://dearjerry.home.mindspring.com/raisinland/SafariSorter/SafariSorter.html

Be warned that it does contain some personal political views in the help file that is installed and on the web site. Some people have a problem with it, I just think it's a great program.

4. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

you just click the book at the side of the bookmarks bar then move them around..

5. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Oh thanks, thats a great program :D i recommend everyone to get it :D.

I hope Apple has an option for the new safari which dose something similer, kinda sucks the way it is now.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i definately wish there was a way to sort bookmarks a bit easier, smart bookmarks lists anyone?? that would be awesome if you could list some criteria and it formed a list of bookmarks off of that.....

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There are three things that bug me about Safari:

1. If I create a new bookmarks folder, and try to put in in between two existing folders, Safari often thinks I want to put it INSIDE one of the existing folders. The selection mechanism seems too "touchy" to me.

2. I don't understand the purpose of the bookmark collections outside of the Bookmarks menu - those bookmarks, if you do use them, aren't easily accessible. Plus, when you create a new bookmark folder, Safari puts it in the list of collections by default - I want new folders in the Bookmarks menu collection by default.

3. The only way to sort bookmarks and bookmark folders alphabetically is to do it by hand.