Stupid safari question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Solafaa, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    How can i set my bookmarks alphabtically? as of now it is like this:
    Football >
    computer stuff >
    games >
    music >
    Fun stuff >
    research >
    movies >

The things with the ">" on its right are folders but how can i put them alphabtically, its easy with IE but i dont seem to find away with safari.
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I don't think there's a way beyond doing it manually with "Show All Bookmarks" (and dragging everything around). Which is really, really silly as an omission. There might be shareware to do so.
  3. ElRojo macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2004
    Currently stuck in Iraq
    Try SafariSorter

Newb to Mac and even bigger Newb to the forums. But, I did have this problem myself and SafariSorter is working great for me.

Be warned that it does contain some personal political views in the help file that is installed and on the web site. Some people have a problem with it, I just think it's a great program.
  4. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    you just click the book at the side of the bookmarks bar then move them around..
  5. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    Oh thanks, thats a great program :D i recommend everyone to get it :D.

I hope Apple has an option for the new safari which dose something similer, kinda sucks the way it is now.
  6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i definately wish there was a way to sort bookmarks a bit easier, smart bookmarks lists anyone?? that would be awesome if you could list some criteria and it formed a list of bookmarks off of that.....
  7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    There are three things that bug me about Safari:

1. If I create a new bookmarks folder, and try to put in in between two existing folders, Safari often thinks I want to put it INSIDE one of the existing folders. The selection mechanism seems too "touchy" to me.

2. I don't understand the purpose of the bookmark collections outside of the Bookmarks menu - those bookmarks, if you do use them, aren't easily accessible. Plus, when you create a new bookmark folder, Safari puts it in the list of collections by default - I want new folders in the Bookmarks menu collection by default.

3. The only way to sort bookmarks and bookmark folders alphabetically is to do it by hand.