1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Stupid Tech support lackey

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Oct 19, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

oldschool

So I ordered Apple Care through the technical support line, because they always do that "have we told you about apple care" bs before I call, so i just got it.

BUT when I phoned to register, and ask for a proof of purchase for my apple care first they asked why. I told them that if I ever wanted to cancel applecare I would need the proof of purchase. And the dumbass told me to phone applecare directly, but wouldn't give me the number I would have to call.

Also, I was told that from now on because I got an education discount, I would have to phone an education tech support number instead, with reduced hours of operation and only open five days a week. ANYONE else heard of this?

2. macrumors 65816

oldschool

by the way, you can cancel applecare. You get a full refund minus 10% and any repair charges incurred. So if near the end of the term, you realize you never used it once, you can get almost a full refund.

Its like this with every extended warranty.

3. macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

EDUCATION tech support? That doesn't sound right at all. I purchased my current PowerBook with the educatioon discount, and the two times I've called, I haven't had any such thing happen..... Huh. Did you buy it as an individual, or did you use a University purchasing agent? If it's the latter, I can understand having devoted solely to official education purchases, but not for individuals.

4. macrumors 65816

oldschool

I just got the online education discount.

Personal college user.

The guy wasn't very polite about it either. Said that I shouldn't have phoned him.

Stupid me, should have gotten a name and complained.

5. macrumors 65816

yoda13

There was another user who was complaining about this too, but I have bought a lot of Apple stuff using the education discount and I have sent my iBook back to the shop multiple times :( using AppleCare and they have never given me any trouble. I use the normal number like everyone else. But I must say that I did not purchase AppleCare with my education discount as I was worried that it would count as one of my two education software purchases for that year. I only purchased my iBook through the education store. I paid full price for AppleCare