Stupidest thing you have done to your iPod

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by James L, Nov 7, 2004.

1. James L macrumors 6502a

Hey all!

Tonight my wife dropped my brand new iPod onto the concrete as she was getting out of the car. Thankfully it was in its case, so the only thing that actually hit the concrete was the iTrip, which was chipped a bit. It got a good bounce, but all seems to be working fine.

Sooooo, this made me wonder what the stupidest thing you have done with your iPod was, the closest to death it has been, etc?

Cheers!

James

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Don't let friends steal your pod

Close call none the less...

I was at work and moving from one building to another, my friend had my DeWalt radio and iPod with him moving to the next building, he lost grip on the iPod and let it fall to one of those Grate ramp things... It had a great big chip on the front part... I still cry to this day... I miss my second generation iPod theres just something about the original form that was just perfect if you ask me.

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I had it on top of something I was carrying, and I was running, and forgot it was there, so when I slowed down it slid off, and tumbled a few times before sliding/skidding down a hill and into a street. I'm talking a solid 1/2 block or so it went, on road concrete. Needles to say, she is a little scratched up now.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Oh and I mailed a 2nd Gen 10GB to my girlfriend, and it got stolen in the mail, or from the mail box. Insure your ipod packages girls and boys, I know I didn't.

5. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I dropped my iPod in the toilet once. Yup, fished it right out and then scrubbed my hands like Lady Macbeth for hours afterwards.

After it dried out, it actually worked just fine.

But, it's...never...been...quite...the...same...

6. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

This wasn't me, it was a friend, but I got a kick out of it.
    So he has a PC, and so could see files on his ipod which should have been hidden. Well, he's trying to conserve space on his 3rd gen ipod, and so when he sees the .trashes he decides it must be some useless file, and so deletes it. His ipod didn't work for a long time.....
    I can't remember what he did to fix it, but it was a very situation. Well, maybe not to him....

7. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

This is a good one.

I had my 30 gb 3rd gen in my coat pocket. I was in a hurry and jumped into my car. I slammed the door closed only to realize that when I took my coat off and put it in the seat, the pocket was actually hanging out the door. The result is that my iPod was being held directly between the door and the car. CRUNCH! When I opened the door and realized what I had done, I figured I would be getting a new iPod very soon. The amazing thing is that there was actually very little damage. The casing seperated a little, thats it. Still works great to this day. Guess I got lucky. :D :cool:

8. veedubdrew macrumors regular

Well, I was at the gym on the treadmill. I was jogging and had my ipod on the little ledge by the treadmill display. Anyway I got distracted and moved back a bit on the belt, jerking the ipod off the ledge and onto the belt. In horror, I tried to save the ipod from falling on the floor by kicking it against the moving belt and reaching down to grab it. Well in reaching down (duh) I lost my balance. The ipod flung smack down on the floor at warp speed from the moving belt, and my fat ass landed right on top of it. My butt was bruised but the ipod works great. Stupid treadmill.

-Drew

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

And the 'pod came tumbeling down...

Well, the worst that ever happend to my mini is when I was walking down a concrete staircase and tried to get someting out of the same pocket that my mini was clipped to. So as my hand left the pocket, so did the mini, the earphones jack snapped out and it fell down in front of me and kept tumbling down several steps before stopping. The only protection it had was the belt clip. I picked it up, swearing out load, looked at it, and realised with a shock that it was still playing. I connected the earphones and it played happily on. With the skip protection on thes small wonders I'm actually convinced it played countinously through it all. It's still working flawlessly to this day. :D

I put that one on the account for extreme luck, and started securing it extra with the earphones cord. Now I let the cord go into the clip, so that if it tries to "jump" out of my pocket again, hopefully, it will hang from the cord without ever reaching the ground. Luckyly, I've never have had to test if the security mesaures will actually work, as I've become more careful as to put other things in the "iPod mini pocket". ;)