Stupidness..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lozanoj83, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Look at this littler pic i got from fox.com
    its one of their "polls" for their show, and look @ what it says..

see the "tape Prison Break.." its hilarrious, i mean they get mad if we get the episodes of limewire or bittorrent, but dont get mad if we tape em.. wut gives..? stupid people there making polls.. well imo

Attached Files:

• look.png
      look.png
      File size:
      209.8 KB
      Views:
  2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Your post is so ironic it could be used to cure anemia.

3. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well if you tape the show you are more likely of watching the advertisements then if you were with Bit-torrent.

4. lozanoj83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

lol.. im sorry its ironic.. im not that good @ writing.. even tough my english teacher says i make good essays.. its weird.. but it just ges me a lil like... mad that they tell u.. o tape the show.. but download and well get the police behind u.. idk my opinion tough, i didnt mean for it to be ironic tough..:(

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You do understand what I mean by "ironic", right? ;)

6. lozanoj83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

um.. literally doesnt it mean wen it goes against sumtin i just said?..

7. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Presumably you don't write your essays in this literary style :D

8. lozanoj83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

nope.. thats why i go for extra help wen we do essays so i can know if what im writing is correct, im sorry im not into grammer... it hates me.. but i hate it 2 :D

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

An example of irony is using the word "stupidness" to describe someone's stupidity (which is the proper noun, not "stupidness", which isn't a word, as far as I know).

If you write in English class as you have here, then your teacher needs to do everyone a favor and find another profession. :rolleyes:

10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Hey, don't worry about it. I was just kidding :)

11. lozanoj83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

No.. in english class i write more formal, more proffesional I guess, its just when im at home, i let loose, i tought irony was contradicting yourself, Mother will be happy to hear what you have done now.. idk.. i may be wrong tough, but irony has dramatic irony, situational irony and verbal irony..

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Like I said: Irony is accusing someone else of "stupidness" (which really should be "stupidity") while yourself making a grammatical or spelling error in every other word.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not going all Grammar Police on you. I just think it's really funny (and ironic). ;)

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

First of all, taping (does anyone actually use VCRs anymore?) something is entirely different than taking it from someone else.

Second, as mentioned, the networks don't like torrents because, among other reasons, they allow you to skip commercials, which, of course, is what people do when they tape things anyway, but with the torrents you don't even see the commercials while skipping over them, so they somehow think it's different.

That said, a discussion of the merits of the networks' arguments concerning file sharing of their episodes is unlikely to blossom here, whereas it's rather quite likely indeed that at least a few people will end up with ruffled feathers, so perhaps we can just leave this as is and go find some trolls to pick on.

I won't discuss what I find to be the truly delicious irony in this thread. I'll savor that myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.