Stutterin internet video on ibook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Patmian212, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey guys,

I seem to have a little problem. I have a 1.2ghz ibook with 768mb of ram running the newest version of panther. It can play .avi, .mpg and .wmv files fine and smooth in quicktime and vlc player. However whenever I go to lets say alluc.org, peekvid.com or sites like those to watch tv shows the video stutters. Its not a buffering issue because I even wait for it to buffer 100% before I press play but the video always stutters(even if its not in full screen). I use bother firefox and ssafari and there is no difference. . . Does anyone know what the problem could be or how I could fix it? I think an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 32MB should be able to play videos using flashplayer jsut fine dont you?

2. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Flash on OS X just plain sucks. It even runs slowly on my wife's MB. Some sites are much worse than others I'm afraid.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Wow thats not the answer I wanted hehe:( It just doesnt seem that complicated to watch a video on google video at a decent smooth frame rate. . . Why cant apple bring this up to scrap.

4. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

From what I understand of reading all the debating on this issue (search the forum) it's Adobe's fault not Apple's.