Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
http://www.stylussling.com

I came upon this and thought it was a pretty cool idea. Ordered one on Amazon for my 12 inch IPP to see if I would like it for the baby IPP!

Just passing along some information for those looking for a way to carry around their pencil without loosing it!

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
This actually looks really great. How do you order the 9.7 version on Amazon? I could only see the 12.9 version. One thing I really like about this is that it wraps around the COVER of the iPad and not around the iPad itself. That might just be the selling point for me.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
image.jpeg

I'm not kidding. A hairband is perfect.

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada
For a gadget like this, $25 is the maximum a company can set the price for but like other said, it is considered a bit pricey especially after a person has drained the wallet for buying the Apple keyboard, Apple pencil, case, cover and the iPad Pro.

And while the gadget looks good, it is more suitable for someone who likes to carry the iPad in his/her hands rather than in a bag or sleeve.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
View attachment 625947

I'm not kidding. A hairband is perfect.
that's not a look I am going for!
:)
[doublepost=1460232305][/doublepost]
yes you did!
[doublepost=1460232515][/doublepost]I did get mine and it works quite well. Price aside, for me it is worth it, primarily because I am always loosing things, always and it drives me nuts. The time and effort I would have to put in to make one is also a luxury I do not have. So be that as it may it does work very nicely and one can use it on the from or the back if your using the silicone apple back. I will make comments on amazon with regard to it's functionality and it being being way overpriced.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Last edited:

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
That looks terrific! Does out maintain the iPad's cover magnetic seal, i.e. stay closed when carrying?
Is that the 12 inch or 9?
If so I'll order one see if it works and return this over priced piece of ****!
The magnet on these new smart covers is really strong so no problem with it staying closed when carrying. The band weighs next to nothing. There's a review on Amazon with somebody using it on the 13" but mines the 10".

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
You win the award. Does the $25 thing even sit inside the cover? If you have to remove it it's hardly elegant - (2/$9 doesn't need to be elegant)

I'm telling you all. Look for surface pro pen loop on Amazon. $4 stick and forget.

I'm still shocked after all the surface pro complaining Apple didn't make an elegant solution.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
You win the award. Does the $25 thing even sit inside the cover? If you have to remove it it's hardly elegant - (2/$9 doesn't need to be elegant)

I'm telling you all. Look for surface pro pen loop on Amazon. $4 stick and forget.

I'm still shocked after all the surface pro complaining Apple didn't make an elegant solution.
Just when I thought that the $130 for the Surface TypeCover was expensive, Apple comes out with the ASK @ $170.
Just when I thought that Microsoft's stick'em loop for the Pen was goofy, Apple offers NO solution.

Reactions: h00ligan

Foggydog

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2014
Left Coast
Thanks for all the different styles posted. My 12.9 is waiting at the house for my eventual return. I am not to sure if I will need the pencil or not, but if I do, I will be able to pull this thread from archive. :)

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
http://www.stylussling.com

I came upon this and thought it was a pretty cool idea. Ordered one on Amazon for my 12 inch IPP to see if I would like it for the baby IPP!

Just passing along some information for those looking for a way to carry around their pencil without loosing it!

This actually looks awesome, just ordered 2 for my wife and I.

Kind of surprised people are jumping on it about the price - it looks much cleaner and more professional looking than the alternatives posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.