Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
they look real to me :)

i think it's a cool concept but they gotta be fakes... although the quality of faked products is really going up these days

atodd

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2002
between yourself
Really nice!

I would love to see this software right now. If it's real, great! If it's fake, it's a really nice concept, and Apple should do this sort of thing. Nice faking too (if it is).

It's probably not real (nothing real!) but, as I say, ver'nice.

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
Dang...

...we have to find the guys who are doing these fakes (remember the iWalk one?), they deserve some congratulations. I agree that that's a fake (the i in the name gives it away, only consumer apps have an i) but I haven't got the faintest clue how they pulled it off.

atodd

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2002
between yourself
Looks like consumer app

Yes, only consumer apps have an "i", but this one has a similar, iApp-like interface.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shake (pro) was melded into a FCP plugin (or FCP itself) then this iShake thing (or something like it) was released as well. It has the same, juicy interface as iMovie. If they released a pro version, it would have an interface like FCP. Just look at DVDSP, it's got the same interface as Final Cut Pro (whew, finally write that whole name out!).

This has a simplified interface for compositing.

Arn, email of person who sent this in?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Its too soon to see an iApp from the buyout of Nothing Real. Not that I wouldn't want it immediately if it was possible. CinemaTools took a year after it was purchased.

Ah, who knows, Apple might have a few surprises for us. All the better:D

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Hi all,

I realize that this may be a pretty random thread for someone's first post, but after seeing that third picture I realized I had seen it somewhere before...

As you wouldn't know, since this is after all my first post, I'm a fan of the huge RPG series Final Fantasy. The first thing that struck me about the photo was the background-- it looked just like the opening FMV for Final Fantasy VIII (See leftmost picture).

Then I realized that while it did look like FFVIII, that was not where the picture was from. It was actually something previously created as a fake picture for the yet to be released Final Fantasy XII (see center picture).

The original version of that picture (see right most pic) was created by someone in China who said his motivation was his "love of both Final Fantasy and Maya."

So while the creator of those images did admitedly do a good job of creating an iapp like interface, he didn't even bother to create his own 3D image for the picture.

Sorry for the long post, I at least hope it was somewhat interesting/informative. By the way, I shrunk those three pictures down for those users still in the world of dialup, if anyone wants the larger version, for whatever reason, let me know.

-Elan

Attachments

• ffmontage.jpg
    ffmontage.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 622

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
that is a very dodgy picture of iShake....
Elan0204, welcome to macrumors! thanks for posting the pics in a smaller size. i'm still on a dialup connection. i'll be getting cable soon though.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Some people have far too much time on there hands.....:rolleyes:

I think if Apple do consider releasing a low end post production software package, then it won't share the same name as hi-end packages, Apple like to keep their Pro range very seperate from the consumer models, hence Final Cut PRO, DVD Studio PRO, then you have the consumer ones like iDVD and iMovie.... completely different interms of names.... they may use something like iEffects but not iShake.......:p

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by cb911
that is a very dodgy picture of iShake....
Elan0204, welcome to macrumors! thanks for posting the pics in a smaller size. i'm still on a dialup connection. i'll be getting cable soon though.

cb911, welcome to my world! :)

Elan0204, welcome to the posts.

I really don't see how (or even why) Apple would release a product with such a ridiculous name. Didn't Jobs himself register here and say that he would never use such a name as iWalk in his products? iShake is even worse! Even for a code name, why iShake?

Use something such as Mercury (Quicksilver), Tessera (iMac G4), or something else. (Do not bring up Sparticus...the 20th Aniv. Mac!?)

Any time is a great time for iPod.

James.Paul

macrumors regular
May 19, 2002
Northallerton, England
These are the same pictures that did the rounds about a year ago for one of the other expo's. I think they may have come from Spymac. I think it was agreed that they were fake...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
How about the iSpasm and iTwitch?? :p :D Of course, there is also the iErrector, which all the women will just love (right up there with the iBrator). :D

For the men... there could be the iShimmy... ;) :D

fitzg2md05

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2002
fake

Its a fake for one simple reason. Its evident in the picture which displays the whole screen that there in no mouse cursor. It just aint there. This would lead me to believe that it was a fake that has been displayed at full screen in quicktime pro or something similar. Now, this is assuming that the dude that took the picture didnt hide the cursor somewhere. But yes...too much time on his hands. Id say to get a hobby, but i guess hes already found one!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
The non-obvious cursor is not a valid arguement for something being fake. You can easily slide the cursor to the right and bottom edges of the screen, and it disappears. That could be all that the person did.

Also, the second image has a cursor in it. I have a few applications that the cursor disappears when you don't move the mouse for a certain length of time. As soon as you move it at all, it comes right back. It could be that easy.

Fake, or no??? Only time will tell. :p :D

fitzg2md05

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2002
ok ok

so the cursor thing doesnt stand up. well...in any event, IMHO, its a fake. However, as alpha said, only time will tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.