"Submit Report" Confusion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by coolsoldier, Jan 23, 2004.

1. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

I do some computer support and maintenance work for several people, who, as much as I try to explain it to them, do not understand that panther's new "Submit Report" button in the Unexpectedly Quit dialog box submits a report to Apple, not to me.
    I have started getting nasty emails from people who simply cannot understand why I "ignored" the reports that they inadvertently sent to Apple.

Has anyone else who does this kind of work had this problem? Has anyone come up with a solution (other than downgrading to Jaguar -- I'd rather not have to explain what happened to all those copies of Panther they paid for)?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I thought it clearly stated they were going to Apple? Granted I haven't seen one in a while (thankfully).

3. coolsoldier thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't remember what exactly it says. I haven't gotten one myself since I got rid of Z-Write. But I do get complaints from people who errantly believed that it would submit the report to their own computer techs (and therefore don't submit a report to their own computer techs).

4. buddha macrumors newbie

Can't quote the identical language, but it is something along the lines of "Submit error to Apple" Only way they wouldn't know is if they just see a submit error button and click without reading or they are too slow to use a computer. :p

Why don't you just send out a company wide email telling them what it is and that it doesn't notify you of problems?

5. coolsoldier thread starter macrumors 6502

How many computer-illiterate users do you interact with? Do they ever listen to that kind of stuff?

If they do, than I want to work where you work :D

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Hmm... I get this message every time I quit AIM and some other applications. Here is a screenshot if anyone is interested.

7. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

hmm.. I can never get this right.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Re: "Submit Report" Confusion

Are the employees under the age of 5? because then thats against labour laws.