Submitting Podcast to iTunes from Asia

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asiaballs, Apr 24, 2006.

1. asiaballs macrumors newbie

I sent the below query direct to Apple but was fobbed off to a Support section, which is where I sent the email from in the first place.
    Can anybody on this forum give me an explanation/help.
    Cheers

Recently I purchased iLife 06 and joined .Mac with the express intention of creating a website plus a podcast via Garage Band. The creative part went okay, great software, and I uploaded the website successfully to .Mac. But when I tried to upload my Podcast to ITunes, I failed to do so as I did not have an account for the iTunes store. As I use a Hong Kong credit card, with which I successfully joined .Mac, I cannot sign on to iTunes. It seems strange that I have to join iTunes - which I cannot given the credit card situation - to upload a Podcast. As you know Podcasts are freely available to non-members of iTunes and as there is no cost involved in uploading a Podcast, I do not see the reasoning behind enforcing a members only policy. Can you explain and, if possible, suggest a solution.

2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

it's the same with writing a song/album review or submitting an iMix, you need an account in the iTMS where you want the review/iMix featured. it's the only way for Apple to regulate the content of everything that's featured on the iTMS; since as you yourself recognize, the podcasts are available for download to everyone, Apple can't risk opening up access similar to what Google, YouTube and similar sites offer as it increases the chances of putting up infringing or indecent material on the site. Apple would want none of that.

as a solution, you can ask any of the users here who have a US account who might be willing to upload your podcast for you.

3. asiaballs thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I only have a UK account. I submitted it to the UK iTMS. Your podcast is being reviewed as I write.

5. asiaballs thread starter macrumors newbie

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

submitted to the US store as well.

Note that the description from the RSS is truncated as the "short description".

B

7. asiaballs thread starter macrumors newbie

Mannix87 and balamw, your help is much appreciated.