Submitting the AMCAS Against the Deadlines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Over Achiever, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in these forums in a while, but for those of you who know me, I'm aspiring to go to medical school. I applyed last year, didn't get in. They needed more committment from me, and so I went out and did that. I know for sure now I want to go to med school.

I started the application process again this past week, which is a horrible thing to do since the deadline is November 15. However I still had the information from last year's application, so all I had to do is to add two semesters of grades, and rewrite my essay.

I've discovered that the personal statement is one of the most important aspects of the application, it would show the committment to medical school in it. Hence it was essential to my application. Problem is, I had an extremely busy week where I stayed up most of the night to study for huge exams in Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology. The exams were over Saturday afternoon, and the long process of revising the essay began. I spent the entire time, even skipping dinner, to get this essay revised to perfection. I wanted to represent me, and subtly state my intentions. Since the application was this late in the process, I really wanted it to stand out.

So I finish it by 23:30, and I go through my application one last time to make sure I have everything done. I run application audit, which showed an error that was meant to be there, I wasted 5 minutes figuring that out. So I submit the application and...

I passed the deadline. What the hell, my computer said it was 23:50, there's no way that could be possible. My friends whom were helping me revise and giving me new ways to write things on my personal statement, well they were shocked. I kept trying up until midnight.

I know it shouldn't have come to this, but it did, and is there any possible way I can argue my case? AMCAS does not accept late applications, no exceptions. Medical schools start out with the AMCAS.

This is still shocking and depressing for me. So what now? Is there anything I can do besides e-mail AMCAS and my med schools?

-O.A.

Attached Files:

2. Over Achiever thread starter macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Never mind, I'm such a loser.

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/deadlines.htm

I should have seen that ahead of time. I have no one to blame but myself.

But I guess this is some consolation:
    Now my fate is outside my hands. Sorry I wasted bandwidth my posting this silly thread.

-O.A.