1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Suburban Square (Ardmore, PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by elephunkman, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Anyone meeting up here? I'm coming!

2. macrumors 65816

Nobody will be here with me? :)

3. macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Come to Allentown..lol 3 of us are meeting !!

4. macrumors 65816

That's a tad far for 1AM haha.

5. macrumors 6502a

zizo79

So you are going to be in line at 1 AM lol

6. macrumors 65816

Always 6 hours ahead! AT&T is set to open at 7AM, I hope Apple is the same.

7. macrumors member

Im coming.

8. macrumors 65816

I'll beat you to it.

9. macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I'll be there, camping out, even though I preordered. I don't think my friend can preorder on the 15th so another kid and I will be there, saving her a spot in line!

10. macrumors 65816

What time is everyone going to be here? I'm planning on calling the store around close time and ask them if anyone is outside. If there is, I'm going at 10

11. macrumors newbie

Do you really need to camp out even if you pre-ordered? I was just going to try to get there a couple hours earlier than they open...and hope that I'll be in and out before anyone notices I'm not at work LOL...

12. macrumors member

If you preorder your getting one if you show up in the first 24hrs. I don't get why all these pre-order people are worried

13. macrumors newbie

So if I show up the night before, I'll have a good chance of getting one? Or are all the people who pre-ordered going to take priority over us who are just waiting?

I guess what I'm asking is - is it worth it?

14. macrumors newbie

People who have a reservation will of course get the priority, but the store will also have some stock available for those of us without a pre-order. The big question is how much they'll have in the "walk-in" pile, and how quickly it will go.

That being said, I can't imagine you walking away empty-handed if you wait in line all night long, unless the non-pre-order supply is much lower than expected.

I'm definitely waiting at the Ardmore store (elephunkman, I guess your thread won :D ), but I can't get there until around 3 or 4AM. Hopefully, that will be early enough.

15. macrumors 65816

They have two separate lines, one for reservations and the other for walk ins. And, just a reminder, a preorder is different from a reservation. Reserved goes first, once that line is almost depleted, walk ins go next.

Worst case scenario, those backed up in the walk in line may get a phone, but be ready to not have the model you want, such as you wanting a 32gb but having only 16gb left and vice versa.

16. macrumors newbie

Ok, so what's the difference between a reservation and a pre-order? I thought I "pre-ordered" on the 15th, but my reminder email says to come pick up my "reserved" iPhone 4.

Sorry, new to this whole pre-ordering drama... :eek:

17. macrumors member

I will be there. What time is everyone else going??

18. macrumors newbie

Anyone have experience with past iPhone launches? What's it like at Ardmore versus King of Prussia? The KOP thread definitely has more people posting...

19. macrumors newbie

I think KOP will be bananas.

20. macrumors newbie

I was thinking like 5/6am. I pre-ordered so I'm not trying to be camping out.

21. macrumors member

I camped out for the first iphone at KOP. They went on sale at 6PM so it wasn't a big deal because the mall was already open. But I hear that the mall doors will open at 6am on Thursday. I don't like the idea of all the mall entrances and then it could be a race to the store when they open the doors. I'd much rather go to ardmore since the store is outdoors.

22. macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. But do you think the Ardmore Apple Store will receive as many non-reserved iPhones as the KOP store?

23. macrumors newbie

I'm actually closer to the KoP mall, but I'm making the extra drive to Ardmore because I think it will be a better experience. Waiting outside (which is a plus for me), a line right outside the store (no potential for a mad rush), a bigger Apple store, etc.

I should be arriving between 3AM and 4AM -- pretty early, but I haven't got a preorder, so I need all the spare time I can get.

24. macrumors member

I think KOP will have more phones but they both will have alot so there shouldn't be any problems if you arrive early. I had a preorder but was mysteriously cancelled. I plan on getting there about 1 or 2am.

25. macrumors newbie

You guys wanna exchange numbers or email addresses to keep each other up to date on the line situation if one of us gets there earlier?