suddenly itrip won't work

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by creme, Aug 22, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2004
    my itrip was ok untill 2day. Everything seems 2be ok. The red light works, the itrip playlists are ok. But on the radio u here nothing. Normaly u can notice when the radio is on the same frequency like the itrip. But now it doesn't do anything. I tried to reset the ipod but even that doens't help.
    i hope somebody has a solution
  2. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    2 possible fixes:

1: (Least likely) Turn up the volume of the iPod. I once bought an entirely new iTrip because i thought it died. Turned out to be that the iTrip just couldn't "hear" the music.

2: Select a new radio station from the iTrip stations playlist. Keep trying, and eventually you should hear the iPod.

good luck
  3. macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    There's already a damn iTrip help thread one thread below in the forums list (when I checked)! :mad: Here's the thread:

EDIT: All right, so you duplicated your post. Did you try everything that was suggested in that thread??
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2004
    it still doesn't work

i tried what u told me, (turn up the volume)
    but it didn't help.
    The red light is flashing, the volume is max.
    before when the radio is detecting the itrip, suddenly there is a silence. but now it just keeps on making noice
  5. macrumors regular

Jul 1, 2004
    Madison, WI
    one of my friends had the same problem, but i could never figure out what the problem was. I think he just returned it and got a new one. Me and him interchanged our iTrips and then it worked for a less than a week and it stopped working again.