Suggest a Wii Title

Discussion in 'Games' started by furryrabidbunny, Dec 17, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I am getting bored of my current Wii games. I have madden 07 and wii sports. Zelda might be under the tree, so lets count that out. I just want something that is fun to play for awhile. I watched a trailer for elebits and am leaning toward that title, but I can't decide. I am open to nearly any Wii title, except for Far Cry, which looks horrible.

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Rayman's Raving Rabbids

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

3. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Excite Truck. Get it.

Other than that I dont' know. Zelda will keep you plenty occupied! :D

4. K20 macrumors member

5. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

My gf is getting me this for Christmas:D

I've heard good things about it!

6. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Zelda

umm. what about using your wiimote as a football to throw passes?

Madden 2007

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Gunstar Heroes (Virtual Console) - best game on the Wii! :D

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Well, don't get Red Steel its just not very fun........

I would recommend trauma center or excite truck and defiantly wario ware when its released in January

ShadoW

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

yeah no red steel, i returned that game. Also don't get rampage either returned that as well and got rayman for a grand total of 2.49 american. It was great

11. DonSqueak macrumors regular

DonSqueak

Who or what do you defy, Shadow?

Sorry, CNR.

But, yeah, definitely those three, the Rabbids are also alot of fun for a while at least. Personally, I'm a bit worried about the lack of really great games to wait for in the near future, especially regarding taking full advantage of the wii control set...

We'll see...

Cheers,

SQUEAK!!!

12. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Well, you already said you're getting Zelda and Excite Truck for xmas, you'll like those. Until then, Trauma Center is good (played it at a Wii party), Rayman is ok but I haven't been able to do much with it, I only have 1 nunchuck. Red Steel is meh. Super Monkey Ball can be a lot of fun, I really like that one. Lots of mini games to play with friends that you don't have to unlock (4 player Red Light Green Light is WAY more fun than it has any right to be, not to mention the FPS, hammer throw, and many other games), and the 1st player is hard, which is nice. I would go for either SMB or TC, though I did only play trauma center for an hour or so at the party.

13. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Thanks for the thoughts...

Really hard decision. I've never played a Rayman game before, but it is really appealing. I might just wait and see if I get zelda before I throw any cash down. I agree with some of the comments... the launch titles are okay but nothing really mind-blowingly appealing. It seems like March is going to be the big month for the Wii (super mario, metriod, and sonic).

About Madden... It is an okay game. The graphics are on par with the last one I bought (2003 for xbox), and the controls seem thrown together. The playing on offense is mostly natural, although there is a learning curve on passing (you have to select a receiver with a d-pad button, then throw, and timing is important). Defense is where the game lacks. To tackle, push through a blocker, etc., you have to throw your arms in various directions. Although that sounds easy, you don't really feel like you have control over what defenders are doing.

If your a sports fan though, pick it up... it is worth it. Just make sure you play the madden training before you play, and then start with teams with poor defenses (I began playing against the browns).

14. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I second that. Great set of games.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sweet GOD I think everyone on this board knows I want this game. Possibly the best, most detailed, most beautifully crafted 2D art (could just remove the 2D bit) in any game ever. And the gameplay :eek: I've only played bits of Metal Slug 3 and Advance. Bloody love it. Replayability of the gods.

*sobs with no Wii*

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

17. Teddy's macrumors 6502

Any crumpler bag name... eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

18. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

How about some of the quality titles from the Gamecube???

19. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I think I'll be one of the few to pick up NFS for the Wii this Christmas, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. I haven't been into racing games very much since F-ZeroGX (omg), but on the N64 the majority of my games were reacers (F-Zero X, all the Rush games, etc).

20. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Thought about going Gamecube

But I dont' have any controllers or memory cards so I really dont' want to go all out to buy a games (besides I want to support next gen, not previous gen). I've thought about NFS, but no one seems to be talking about it for some reason.

21. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

When you start playing previous gen games on your next gen system only a couple of weeks after launch, you know you've bought the console too soon (imho). :eek:

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Farcry is to the Wii, what Fight Night is to the PS3. :) I haven't played this game, but my friend has and he says the controls are the best FPS implemenataiotn so far for the Wii. He has it down at the store he manages, so I'm going to try it out later this week. Anyway, if it's what he's stating, I'll buy it, since good controls will help me to ignore the dated-graphics.

I recommend Portrait of Rune for the DS. :D Since you don't have Zelda yet.

<]=)

23. admanimal macrumors 68040

24. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I'll agree with that- I absolutely adore Metal Slug's graphics and animation (and gameplay, of course).

Back on topic though- to be quite honest, there is nothing at all out there fot the Wii that interests me AT ALL right now, except for Zelda and Wii Sports- and I am not in the slightest upset!

Serioiusly- like it or not, Wii Sports is the best things to happen to video games in a loooong time. I don't care who I talk to, who comes over my house, anyone.... everone is all "what's this Wii thing all about???" Every single person that comes into my apartment, wether it's a friend, family member, roomate's friends, friends of roomates friends... anyone.... they play some Wii Sports and get hooked! I seriously just like watching people play- it's hilarious fun!

I haven't bought one game yet (disc, I should say)for the Wii- just my free copy of Wii Sports, thank you. I will definately get Zelda some time early next year (I am doing very good at not spending any money these days). Wii Sports and the virtual console are keeping me busy. I am having a BLAST playing through NES Zelda again, SNES SimCity is a true classic, NES Hockey is a true classic, and I am playing through Mario 64 again as well. I am really looking forward to some VC games coming out soon that I never have owned, such as the Mario RPG from the SNES.

25. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I'm planning on picking up Excite Truck for me and my brothers tonight at walmart for xmas. :D