Suggest Replcement for ipod earphone Sponges

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by maclamb, Aug 11, 2004.

1. maclamb macrumors 6502

maclamb

OK, the black sponges on my ipod earphones (that came with the ipod) keep falling off - they don't seem to hold their shape and then fall off easily.
    Any ideas? (no i don't want to buy yet another pair of earphones, but will if there is a set out there better working and sounding than the ipod ones...)
    thanks

2. friarbayliff macrumors regular

The problem is that the elastic action that initially keeps the ear sponges firmly wrapped around the earbud wears out too quickly. If they made them out of a material that didn't fatigue so fast, then I think people would like them better. Other headpones of similar design come with ear sponges that actually maintain their elasticity over time, therefore allowing them to actually remain attached to the headphone. C'mon apple, the solution is so easy

3. wide macrumors 6502a

Your iPod should have a pair or replacements in the box, but those will fall off over time as well. My advice is to use the headphones without the sponges...I hated to at first but now I am used to them. The only trouble is that the bass is HORRIBLE.

Does anyone know if Apple (or Sennheiser) has changed the design of the headphones since the original iPod?

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I have a mini I got a few months ago, and i already lost the sponges, kinda sux. The question is, does anybody sell those as spares? I couldn't find them at Target. :mad:

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Thanks! :)

7. maclamb thread starter macrumors 6502

maclamb

Excellllllent - Thanks.
    How typical apple - great design and innovation
    crap on the minor details (can anyone say one button mouse)

just joking...no flames please! :p