Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I was trying to play with the suggested apps feature, but so far none have shown on my lockscreen (set up one week ago). The only thing I got to work is plugging headphones and have the Music app there.

So my question is, do I need to have some kind of Location Services on for this feature to work? as per "Suggestions are based on your location and app usage", or just give it some more time for it to learn my app usage habits?

Thanks!

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Hi guys,

I was trying to play with the suggested apps feature, but so far none have shown on my lockscreen (set up one week ago). The only thing I got to work is plugging headphones and have the Music app there.

So my question is, do I need to have some kind of Location Services on for this feature to work? as per "Suggestions are based on your location and app usage", or just give it some more time for it to learn my app usage habits?

Thanks!

Safari and Spotlight Suggestions.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You're confusing it with Proactive. Suggested apps only popup when you're at a location of a store/restaurant/whatever, like Starbucks, so it can automatically unlock to that app when you're there (hence the need for Location Services to be turned on).

Proactive is the feature that is supposed to learn your habits so you can open apps from Spotlight.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
You're confusing it with Proactive. Suggested apps only popup when you're at a location of a store/restaurant/whatever, like Starbucks, so it can automatically unlock to that app when you're there (hence the need for Location Services to be turned on).

Proactive is the feature that is supposed to learn your habits so you can open apps from Spotlight.
Thank you very much! This pretty much answers my question. Proactive is not a very big thing for me so Siri Suggestions are off as well as Suggested Appps now.

Reactions: Jessica Lares
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.