Suggested RAM needed for XP home ed (Boot Camp)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mr. MacBook, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2007
    How much? Im planning to get 1.25 gigs, but i can always get 1.5 or 2 gigs

Im only going to use boot camp to play low end games(roller coaster tycoon 3... maybe age of empires 3...)

Not gonna have ANYTHING else on boot camp. Also, can a 2.0 GHz core duo macbook play call of duty 2?
  2. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2006
    I run windows xp home with 384 MB of ram on my old PC. It all depends on what you'll be doing on your boot camp partition. If you're going to be doing gaming I'd go for 2 gigs if you're not using anything heavy a 1 gig should be fine.

Oh just noticed you have a core duo like me. You def want either 1 gig or two to, dual channel memory right... anyways yes it will play call of duty 2 no problem. with two gigs your video memory can go up to 220 MB.
  3. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    AoE 3 only ask for 256Mb RAM, so 1G is good enough, what you need to worry about is graphic card, AoE3 ask for
  4. bcbbanga4l macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2008
    I was wondering. cause i have a macbook intel core duo it has 1gb of ram how much memory on a hard drive should i use to use xp im not going to be using it for anything high end just some blackberry stuff nothing huge no gaming the most 3 maybe 2 programs that the mac isnt compatible with.