Suggestion for a good game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Laplace, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Laplace macrumors member

Hey all, in a week or so I will have an assignment at work that will require me to stay overnight and watch a test in progress. during this time there is tons of downtime, so I'm going to take my laptop to keep me entertained. I was hoping to get a game suggestion, as I have been out of the game loop for a while and never on a Mac. Here are the requirements/hopes

1. No internet, there won't be any internet connection where I will be
    2. Genre's that I enjoy
    a. RPG
    b. First person shooters(realistic though, like tom clancy type games)
    c. Fantasy type games

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
    Laplace

PS I am using a Powerbook G4 15", 1.67Ghz, 1.5GB Ram.

2. AmnesiacOpera macrumors member

Definitely give Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic a try, it's probably my favorite game in recent memory. If not that, then you might try Neverwinter Nights, the Baulder's Gate series, or even Diablo 2.

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

You might want to check out http://insidemacgames.com/ for some reviews of the many games available on OS X.

The first 2 games recommended by AmnesiacOpera are great. Not to say the others aren't I just haven't played them. :)

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I for one would recommend Warcraft 3 and the expansion. Plenty of fun with no internet required :)

5. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

That suggests the Geneforge series from Spiderweb Software, if you aren't picky about high production values. I also have Knights of the Old Republic, and I honestly find Geneforge to be more fun from a gameplay perspective. Plus you certainly don't have to worry about performance problems....

--Eric

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

The man said that there won't be any internet connection where he will live. Why do you suggest KOTOR?

?nyway, you should try UT2004 or call of duty. As for RPG's, dungeon siege will be an entertaining experience for you.

7. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

OMG kotor isnt a internet game it was made to play off line i own the pc and xbox ver and all you can do is download content there is no online play to the game.and ut2004 is better to play online than off and its not a game like rainbow six or rainbow six 3 or how about a fps with a story try return to castle wolfinstine. rpg i sudjuest kotor its a awesome game and will keep you entertained for hours and you can take the path to the light side or darkside verry fun and funny in some spots and you can be downright evil if you want to be .but yea i would choose kotor star war's knights of the old republic if you want somthing fun to play plus if you beat it once on the light side you can beat it again on the dark side verry fun game.

8. persianpunisher macrumors regular

is DS for Mac?

9. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i was talking about the lite and darkside you know the whole star warz force thing i wasnt talking about another game. i didnt mean to put a space between dark and side.but i got a link so you can look at it and read some on it and see the system spec's on it for mac.
    this is kotor it didnt win 2003 rpg game of the year for nothing. you will love this game

10. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

11. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

yea but that gets old really fast yea i like tetris to but after a wille it does get boring