Suggestion for a Mac+PC switch.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VAG, Jan 17, 2004.

1. VAG macrumors member

VAG

Hello guys&gals.
    Is out there any switch that will allow me to use Apple pro keyboard USB (latest) with Microsoft Intellimouse USB same time in both machines?
    I own a Sony G400 19" CRT screen that has 2 imputs and you can choose Mac/PC, I need the same for keyboard and mouse so, with one set of them and the screen to run both machines.

this switcher must has USB ports cause I'll use also except the above USB devices a Wacom and a webcam.

Thanks in advance,
    I would like to see links to sites that sell online and can ship to Europe (Greece) :)

PS: I've found some on eBay but don't ship to Europe.....

LaterZzz
    VAG

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

You want what's known as a KVM switch (Keyboard-Video-Mouse). There are USB versions available, but they cost a little more than the usual PS/2 type.

The other option - what I have at work - is to get a normal PS/2 style KVM switch, and use a PS/2 to USB converter. The converter costs about $15.

Edit: I found one pretty fast at buy.com, but you can find them all over. Here's the URL:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10311763&loc=101&rp=true

3. VAG thread starter macrumors member

VAG