Suggestion for Bluetooth mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ktbubster, Feb 5, 2007.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2007
    I am looking at buying a new bluetooth wireless mouse for my macbook pro as the less wires and usb ports I have to take up the better... so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion for a good bluetooth mouse to purchase. I would like to try to save a little bit of money so under 60 or 70 would be nice. I know I can get a mightmouse for 69.99, and that's all well and good, and I might end up going that route, but I wanted to look at other brands first.

Any advice/suggestions or perhaps links to good places to buy said mice as well?

Thanks in advance :)
  2. KyleC macrumors member

Oct 9, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    i am also interested in what alternatives are out there, I just picked up a macbook pro yesterday.
  3. daneoni macrumors G4

Mar 24, 2006
    Logitech V270. Great power management, accurate and has yet to drop a connection.
  4. lanturlu macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2006
    The Radtech BT600,
    Although it is not perfect, it has some unique advantages, like recharge through USB cable, so no "recharge base" or extra batteries to carry. This only makes it a unique winner in my opinion. It also has an OFF button for carrying, + five real buttons and scroll wheel. The only problem of the BT600 is the colour (white) and building material (textured rubber), it gets dirty really fast.

Sometimes, the connection drops, but I think mine is faulty so I will exchange it soon. I've tried the BT500 (smaller version, really tiny) too and it was not having any connectivity problems. Maybe the wireless mighty mouse has better bluetooth support, but I can't stand the "fake" two buttons. The best would be an apple made mouse, shaped like the BT600 with USB recharge and real buttons, but I guess we will never see this happen!
  5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I have a BT 600 and just bought a BT mighty mouse to replace it. I have the same experience as lanturlu - it gets very dirty very fast (and does not clean off easily, if at all), and it drops the connection.

I, too, was attracted by the 5 real buttons and the recharge with USB, and I continue to like those features. But on a pretty regular basis, I'd lose my connection, have to turn it off, plug it in, and then turn it back on again to get any response. That's just unacceptable.

I sent mine back to Radtech. It's past 15 days, so they won't refund, but they will repair/replace. I can post back here when I see what they do about the problems, but for now, I cannot recommend that mouse. The BT mighty mouse is working just great for me.
  6. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i returned my Radtech BT600 for the same reasons addressed above. the connection dropped out and the tracking was very poor on different surfaces. i've yet to find a decent BT mouse... right now i'm using the Logitech LX7 and looking into something a little more refined (one of the Revolutions).
  7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    I recently bought a Logitech VX revolution - not BT but let me explain.
    I initially started searching for a BT mouse b/c I didn't want to deal with USB dongles & extra things to carry around with me.

The Logitech V270 was the mouse I read the most favorable things about, mostly here at MR, and I thought that I was likely to get it. When I went & looked at it in person, I honestly wasn't overly impressed with the feel/design of the mouse, but was still thinking about it.

Then I saw the VX Revolution - I really liked the design, and the USB dongle is VERY small. Also (and this was a KEY point for me), the USB dongle fits right inside the mouse, so there's still nothing extra to actually transport with me.

The final straw was the fact that at the time I bought it (probalby about a month ago), the cost of the V270 & the VX at were essentially identical, thanks to a $20 rebate on the VX.

Now that I have it, I REALLY like it - VERY comfortable in my hands, and small enough to be easily portable. Again, the dongle fits inside the mouse, and ejecting the dongle turns the mouse on and putting it into the mouse turns it off. I haven't even configured all the special keys & I already feel like it's a great buy.

Hope that helps - good luck!