Suggestion please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DeeJay, Apr 29, 2004.

1. DeeJay macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2004
    I just had replaced the logic board on my ibook G3 700 a couple days ago. and i dont think i want to keep the ibook any longer.
    this morning, my friend asked me if i want to sell my ibook to his company.
    Well, i think im gonna sell my ibook as fast as i could. but im not sure which apple's product im gonna get next.
    After a couple hours searching about the ibook g4 and the powerbook g4 informations, here is what i found....

ibook G4 1.2ghz (14" inch) : (i believed this G4 doesnt have a logic board warranty at this time)
    -Some people still having the logic board failure
    -Bad/poor casing design quality

Powerbook aluminum G4 1.33ghz (15" inch):
    -Dead Pixel on LCD

What should i do then? should i keep my ibook G3 (i still have 1 year failure board warranty though) or get one of those laptops?
  2. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    14" - Logic board handled under warranty. You will not buy a broken computer and never get it fixed.
    - People you hear that the build quality is poor from are not realistic. They are crying about a millimeter or two of misalignment. There are such things as tolerances. These tolerances have to be within a reasonable measure, or it becomes more expensive to make the machine. If you want lower tolerances, get a PowerBook. If you want to save some cash, get a "poor" quality iBook with a 2mm tolerance. Just know that it is built better than most laptops out there.

15" - ALL LCDs have a chance there is a dead pixel. NOT just 15" powerbooks.
    - I have a 17 powerbook, and it gets warm, but never near burning me. Expect a computer to generate heat.