Suggestion to Noise from MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Moshiiii, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

To those who are keeping their MBP and just dealing with the whine I got a suggestion.

I've got extra room on where a tower is suppose to go on my desk, so I was brainstorming to what I could place here and I got a thought. A small waterfountian/waterfall, I had one of these awhile ago and just the quiet noise of water running will cover up you're mac whine. Just a lil suggestion :p

2. dylans macrumors newbie

3. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

4. dylans macrumors newbie

Sweet ! Everybody with the first Rev's of MBP's should have this.

Actually, Apple should just fix their sh*t !!
    :D

5. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Word on the street is that it cuts 30 minutes off your battery when unplugged. :(

6. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Wait... in the readme it says the app quits immediately after opening.

Also, when I opened it it immediately closed (well, it might have not, it's just it's not in the dock anymore).

So if nothing's running, how can it take off battery life?

7. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Thats a damn good question! Also the first Time i used it it worked, now it does nothing.

8. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Did you remember to put it into your startup items folder?

9. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I think that if you upgrade to 10.4.6 it wont work anymore..:(

10. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Can't you reinstall from the restore discs and go back to the old version?

11. esaleris macrumors 6502

Exactly how loud is this whine? I have a ThinkPad and they were notorious for a buzzing sound when the battery was low and you plugged it back in - but not worth staying on the line with Apple for 30 minutes for.

Do you have to be on battery for this to happen? If you had a fan - a little floorstanding one 5 feet away, could you hear the whine anymore? It'd have to be either a) pretty loud b) pretty high-pitched, to be worth complaining about...

So is it one of those?

12. thecheda macrumors 6502

whine

I dont think that some consumers don't really understand the scope of this "whine" that us macbook users are complaining about. It does get annoying after a while. You may not notice in a room with other sources of sound (like the APPLE STORE where the HiFi is turned up full blast :rolleyes: ), but thats besides the point. We need a CURE!

13. dylans macrumors newbie

Esaleris ! AHA ! You know the sound. My computer before the MBP was a Thinkpad, and it did the whining noise "regardless" of the battery level, or if it was plugged in or not.

Sooo, with that said, check this out. I compared my Thinkpad sound to the MBP sound, MBP was louder (by just a bit).

Now, when you actually "solve" the problem, and here the difference of a whiny computer and a silent computer, you realize how utterly annoying the whine is.

Craziness.