Suggestion

Discussion in 'Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback' started by Sailfish, Oct 27, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

How about setting up a rating system

Genere>Band>Album>Song

List all the bands songs and people rate them. This way folks wouldn't need to sample every song on a album.

The songs can be classified what year it came out, so people can get a instant list of say 80's rock hits or 90's dance favorites.

I have spent considerable time and wasted money searching and buying cd's to get 2500 good songs out of 4300.

Actually I think the Apple iTMS should be better qualified to do this from their larger data base. Then I just could submit the order to iTunes and downloading can begin.

Oh well it was a thought.

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Suggestion

Two notes.

I hope every song off an album does not get added to DailyTunes. People should recommend the "best" songs - or songs they really like off an album.

Beyond that, there is a recommedation system in place. This will become more apparent as time goes on.

I will look into categorizing Genre > Artist > Album > Song however.

At this early stage though, it doesn't make sense... since people will be digging through multiple pages just to get to 1 song in each album.

arn