1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Suggestion

Discussion in 'Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback' started by Sailfish, Oct 27, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

How about setting up a rating system

Genere>Band>Album>Song

List all the bands songs and people rate them. This way folks wouldn't need to sample every song on a album.

The songs can be classified what year it came out, so people can get a instant list of say 80's rock hits or 90's dance favorites.

I have spent considerable time and wasted money searching and buying cd's to get 2500 good songs out of 4300.

Actually I think the Apple iTMS should be better qualified to do this from their larger data base. Then I just could submit the order to iTunes and downloading can begin.

Oh well it was a thought.

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Suggestion

Two notes.

I hope every song off an album does not get added to DailyTunes. People should recommend the "best" songs - or songs they really like off an album.

Beyond that, there is a recommedation system in place. This will become more apparent as time goes on.

I will look into categorizing Genre > Artist > Album > Song however.

At this early stage though, it doesn't make sense... since people will be digging through multiple pages just to get to 1 song in each album.

arn