Suggestions for a Nano case please?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mojohanna, Dec 7, 2005.

1. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Ok, I had an order for one of those Agent 18 cases thru Apple's web store. I placed the order in early Nov. and was just informed that my ship date was moved back to Dec. 28. Not acceptable. I cancelled the order.
    I am really looking for a very thin profile case that is clear and protects the screen. It would be best if I did not have to remove the case for any reason. In other words, I can keep the lanyard headphones plugged in and still use the case. A belt clip is not super important as I have the lanyard headphones. I am currently protecting it with great success using a crystal film that I purchased (similar to the screen protectors used for PDAs, but much more clear). I don't think this will be a good long term solution though.
    I was pretty sold on the Agent 18 but can't wait that long.

Thanks!

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Search the forums, there must be 263 Nano case threads.

3. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Thats great, but they may not answer my specific needs. I though I would state what I was looking for and see if anyone had any suggestings. If I wanted to start mining data, I would search the net and slog thu all of the different cases. I am simply looking for a starting point.

4. MrLee macrumors newbie

For me, you can't go wrong with the 'InvisibleShield'.

Ok, so it's a bit of a bugger to put on, but once you've managed it the whole of the nano and not just the screen is protected. I bought my nano shortly after they were released, and with the Invisible Shield on, it still looks like new.

Quite cheap too.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I like the Martin Fields (I've got it) because it maintains the iPod's natural high-gloss look, while protecting from scratches. It comes off w/ a piece of scotch tape and leaves absolutely NO residue (there's a thread on MR where somebody has residue after taking off the IS).

Keep in mind, both the MF and the IS are scratch protectors; they're thin and not necessarily helpful in the way a case might be.

6. Santorin macrumors newbie

Santorin

I use an Agent18 case for my nano. Works great. Just wish the click wheel would have been protected. I also use the Dio Sport thing. Black with belt clip and arm band for working out. It covers the whole iPod.

7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Core Case Black Aluminium. I've had a iSkin Duo (didn't like the too small screen protector amongst other things) and a Contour iSee (wet spots, and scratches very very quickly) and then bought the Core Case. Its fantastic!!! Smaller than the iSee as its thin anodised aluminium, its also neoprene lined to it won't scratch the nano. Inbuilt screen protector, detachable belt clip, and lanyard hole (they bundle quite a nice lanyard too).

And its cheap - $20! I'll be getting a second after Xmas - I quite like the orange case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Santorin macrumors newbie

Santorin

I like that one. I may have to go pick one up. Did you have to order it online or can you go to any store like Best Buy to get one?

9. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

lol, popping into Best Buy would require a 3000 mile flight! I'm in Blighty mate:D
    Got it shipped direct from Core Cases, and even their international shipping was very very cheap - only $10! Considering that Griffin charged me $43 to ship 3 pairs of EarThumps, Core Cases are nothing short of miraculously cheap. And the fact that the case is only $20 makes it a steal...

10. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Picaro 75, that is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks much for the tip and even more for taking the time to take and post the picts. It looks very well built and like it will protect the nano very well.

Appreciate it very much!!

11. Santorin macrumors newbie

Santorin

Haha...I forgot to check your location. :p

$43??? :eek: The Core Cases sound like a deal. I'll check out their website.

12. Natalia81 macrumors regular

Is this aluminum case tight on the ipod? I'm wondering if dirt/dust particles can get between the case and ipod and cause scratching.

thanks

13. ///mdriver macrumors member

14. ///mdriver macrumors member

I just received not one, but two core cases today. They sent the black one I ordered plus a green one to give to a friend. :D

Oh, and these cases rock, I highly reccomend them. The engineering is very precise.

15. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502

GnarleyMarley

Yeah, I really like the Core Cases. I think I may go with the silver or the orange...

16. Sammis89 macrumors regular

I love iSkin cases. I have one on my 30 gig photo, and i got my mom one for her nano. They look awesome, and are very functional. And they aren't that expensive.

17. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I really love the iSkin cases too. Have one for my 30gb iPod video and it's awesome.

18. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I did type a freaking long reply to this and then I think the forums went down for a few minutes...

Basically, I've always been an iSkin man and was planning on getting one for my nano, except for the nano Duo, the colors suck, they're bulky, and there're a headphone port cover for absolutely no reason.

After seeing the Core Case, let's just say I know which nano case I'll be getting. They really need to offer a white one though.

By the way, the black case look's bitchin' on your black iPod. Very stealthy. :cool:

Any way you can post some pictures of the top of the case, like where the hold switch is? And also maybe show us how you put the nano into the case?

Daniel.

19. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Yeah, the iSkin cases for all iPods except the nano and Shuffle rock my socks completely off. I just don't get what they were thinking with the colors. The two layers are awesome if you need that much protection (and people who know me know I baby my iPods), but it just converts the most miniscule iPod into a much thicker iPod.

Daniel.

20. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I agree about the colors, I don't know why anyone would want to use something other then clear, white, or black, but to each their own, of course. Unfortunately, the apple shop near me only carries the colored ones, lots of red and that bright lime color. Had to get mine elsewhere. I've also used an iSee case which is great too.

21. ///mdriver macrumors member

I would take pictures, but my camera is broken.

Basically, the case is two pieces that slide together. You can see the seem if you look closely on either side, that silver circle helps keep the case closed. The weight of the case is minimal, but it is noticeable compared to the nude nano. Overall the case feels of quality. And the inside is lined so as to not scratch the ipod.

22. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502

GnarleyMarley

Does it add much bulkiness to the nano?

23. ///mdriver macrumors member

The case is minute. It still feels like a nano in my hands. The metallic feel is nice too, instead of the rubbery feel of the iSkin (i have it on my 60gig).

Sorry about the pics, but they should give you at least some indication. I tried to answer a couple of questions with them.

Attached Files:

24. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Thanks for the pics, but dude... what in the world is wrong with your camera?

Daniel.

25. ///mdriver macrumors member

Don't know, they appear fine on my phone, but after transferring them to my computer via bluetooth, they get messed up.