Suggestions for a New Cell Phone in VA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GorillaPaws, May 5, 2004.

1. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

I need to get a new cell phone but I'd like to continue service with my current service provider (Suncom) who has done a solid job in the past but has a limited selection of phones in my area (zip code 22801). I was wondering if any of you in my area know of any Suncom phones that are isync compatible, and if so, whether you'd recomend it/them. I tried cross-checking Suncom's list with apple's isync device compatibility list, but it was difficult because of all the model number variations. I was also wondering if you know how frequently apple updates the isync devices (i.e. do they get updated in large groups every so often, or do they get added as they come out?). If they get updated occasionally in batches do you forsee any phones on the suncom list that will probably get included in a future isync update? Thanks for all of your help in advance.

2. kirk26 macrumors 6502a

kirk26

I could have sworn when I was in Front Royal last month that my Sony Ericsson T616 picked up the Suncom network just fine. Oh yea, the phone works with iSync.