Suggestions for a work-log

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by micsaund, Jan 13, 2007.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

May 31, 2004
    Colorado, USA

I'm in search of a free work-logging application. It doesn't need to be complicated -- just something that will record the date, number of hours works, and then a free-form input for some details.

I know that this is probably over-complicating things since I could do this in a simple text file or in a hand-written logbook (as I do currently). I'm just thinking that maybe there's a free, simple app out there which will do this kind of data collection and make it easy to print some kind of monthly report/other reports.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something like this or perhaps some creative way of using other tools to do this?

2. mcarvin macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003
    Southern NJ
    We rely heavily on billable hours, and at the end of many days I found myself wondering "what the he11 did I work on today?"

Solution hit me by accident - Spotlight on "date:today", sans quotes. It's as close to a minute-by-minute account of my day as I could get.

Now, some enterprising soul could tie that info into an iBiz or other billing app...
  3. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand