Suggestions for button-heavy mice?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bodega., Aug 31, 2006.

1. Bodega. macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I just spent 15 min looking through the search to try and find info on this without any luck, perhaps I just put in the wrong search terms.

In any event, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a corded 3+ button mouse? I do audio production and I've been using just the standard mouse for... well, about 15 years now. Perhaps it's time to broaden my horizons in that respect....

thanks in advance,
    Matthew

2. linkinpark macrumors newbie

3. Bodega. thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking more like, say, 5 buttons. 9 is almost crazy. I'll check it out all the same, tho - thanks for the link.

I've heard the Kensington Optical Elite is quite good for the audio-production types but I'll be damned if I can find one here in Canada....

4. D-rock macrumors member

I have the Logitech MX400 and love it. It uses laser, which I've found to be more accurate than my old optical. It has the usual left and right buttons, plus a middle button (scroll wheel) and two on the side which I'm sure you could map to your specific software. (Although, mine control Expose which is really handy.) It also has a side-to side scroll wheel, which might or might not be recognized by your audio app.

Good luck! :cool:

5. cube macrumors G4