Suggestions Needed...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Sean7512, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Hello all, I am once again doing some website work...this time all alone and not as a class project as that dental site (if you remember).

First of all, I am planning on starting my own business...a video production business that makes DVD montages for weddings and other events. Anyways, here is what I have so far. Yes, I know it is a little plain right now, that is why it is a work in progress. And yes, only two pages have substance (home and examples). Let me know what you guys think, keep in mind that I'm only entering into my sophomore year at college as a Comp Sci Major....
    PS: Whoever identifies the EXACT program used for the movie in the example gets a prize :p

Now, secondly...My sister's husband has owned his own DJ company for a while now, and he absolutely HATES his website ( He asked me if I could redesign it for I came up with a photoshop mock-up of it. Note that the "3-d triangle" inside the nav bar spins clockwise. Here is the mock-up...

Any suggestions on the mock-up?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, etc...I greatly appreciate everything!

Attached Files:

2. dunc85 macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2006
    Well, you should probably try to learn CSS so you can design without using tables.
    That would be a good place to start I reckon.
  3. Butters macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2006
    No offense but I think his current site looks much much better than the mock up you made.

It looks much more professional and modern.. why doesn't he like it?

Just a couple of suggestions:
    make the text on the buttons and footer larger
    use nicer effects than the bevel one you have (or none at-all)

edit: the application is iMovie right? what's my prize?? :p
  4. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Not sure why he doesn't like it, he said he wants it to be "cool". He owns his own nightclub too (he owns too much!) and that site is that is what he considers to be "cool" but obviously way out of my league haha.

Yes, it is iMovie, but which version is the question :p

No hard feelings, I did come here asking for help...don't feel like you are offending me. Heck, I do not know much about website building except the basic HTML coding.
  5. Butters macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2006
    Well I guess we all have different opinions on what we think is cool :p
    but as for making a site like that one I don't think it would be a huge challenge even for someone who only knows basic html (and in this case flash too).

aaand.. I'm gonna guess it's the version I'm running at the minute which is: iMovie HD 6.0.2, any luck?
  6. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    I need some help now for my website.... I changed it around last night and a few things are wrong with it!

1. In Safari, the icons under Examples and Packages match the background color, but not in Firefox...I have the color EXACT, so not sure there.....

2. More Importantly, the site loads TERRIBLY in IE (Win and Mac). What is wrong?

Edit....No, it is not iMovie HD 6.0.2