Suggestions on running APERTURE on my REV. A iMac G5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by russianguns, Mar 7, 2006.

1. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I have recently read a review of Aperture in a mac magazine where they described running Aperture on a 1,25 ghz powerbook.:eek:

They claimed it would be installable on the powerbook but not on a similar speced powermac. And they wrote that it was even "usable" but not for a large number of files.

I do not know if the installer would allow you to install it on your machine, but maybe it could be tricked if you install from a 2ghz G5 via firewire target disk mode. Maybe you have a friend or something who has such a machine?

If not I would talk to a hopefully nice and understanding person at an apple store/reseller near you. Maybe they let you try it with one of their computers if you are lucky. In the end you want to give them 500 bucks for that program and it is understandable that you want to run it on your machine since it is not so old.

From what I have hear/read it should run ok a little under speced. 1,8 - 2 ghz is not too much a difference, specially if you got enough ram. If you get Aperture on your machine I'd maybe upgrade to 1,5 or 2 gb.

Sorry can't be more help, hope you find a sollution.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

As miserable as it is on my G5 with an ATI 9650 (the X800 XT is in the shop), I couldn't imagine using it at all.