Suggestions: PB 12" & school book carrying case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by leftbanke7, Jul 21, 2004.

1. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I was looking for suggestions on what would be a good carrying case to lug around my PB 12" and school books. I don't want anything too large that my 'Book slops around yet large enough that I can carry my school books (4 classes next semester all on the same days). Any success/horror stories would be greatly appreciated.

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

there is no such thing as lugging around a 12"PB . . . the 12"PB is the epitome of portability. . .

i have a messenger bag from timbuk2.com they have tons of different sizes (depending on how many books you want to cary) and they have laptop sleves and bags designed specificly to fit any of the laptops from apple. i use a laptop sleve in one of the normal messanger bags. the protective laptop sleve fits like a glove and has protected my 12"iBook and now my 12"PB . . . you can even customize the colors and have a lot of fun with it. and they look really cool! so you should look into one, great for school!!!

3. discomonkey macrumors newbie

i just bought the Crumpler Roll-O-Notes... it's large enough to carry books and lunch in and the laptop compartment is small enough to snugly hold the PB 12"... it's also cool looking too.

www.crumplerusa.com

4. Cometdude macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am looking for a good backpack for my 12in ibook. Any suggestions
    Thanks

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i have a bag from each of these companies. Very quality for each but they each serve different purposes.

www.spireusa.com <--- great backpacks
    www.timbuktu.com

6. mac_gal macrumors member

7. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

I'm pro-Crumpler. I love my Wee Bee but I wouldn't recommend it for you, though. It's a great bag but there's not much room for anything once you have the Powerbook in there... just one or two slim books or so.

Good luck!