Suicide Bomber kills 2 Marines in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

These attacks are the last grasps at survival by a regime on its last legs.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wishful thinking?

4. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

The problem is these attacks will continue long after we have Saddam's head on a platter. Rumsfeld has already warned Iran and Syria about letting people through their borders into Iraq. A fair number of these are probably terrorists from Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc., ready to pick off the hundreds of thousands of troops that are going to be policing the country.

5. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I can't believe those suicide bombers. :confused:

I guess we should all just hope and prey that there won't be any more attacks like that.

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, there will. But the good thing about the military is that its not like a civillian population. You will have a harder time targeting the Marines than a crowded mall.

I'm thinking since this event, check points and installations will take better care to prevent it from happing again.

D

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There will be....
    And what about when the Marines are IN a crowded mall?

8. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Yes these attacks will continue. That is why our forces must remain vigilant. We need to go after the heads of these terror groups and cut off their funding. No one said the war on terror was going to be easy.

9. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

How to end terrorism

You make it sound like terrorism just comes out of nowhere from a few evil people. There are no leaders of terrorism and that is why this "war on terror" is such a joke. To sacrifice one's life just to hurt an enemy requires a desperation and alienation that we as privileged Americans could never understand. Don't talk to me about American soldiers sacrificing their lives. They are putting their lives at risk. They are not, and will never be asked to go on a suicide mission. There is a very hard line there. On an individual level, these people have become alienated by western machinations. The more leaders that are killed, the more people will see America as an arrogant, inhuman tyrant. The more people who have been alienated by America, the more attacks there will be and the more leaders will emerge. Saddam Hussein should not be seen as an evil man who has spearheaded a war against America, but as a symptom of the evil that can come from America arrogantly bullying other nations. The Iraqi people are abused by Saddam, but what do you expect? We haven't made any attempt to educate, clothe and feed his people, so how can we expect them to organize any kind of opposition to him? Removing Hussein would be good for the Iraqi people, but do you really trust our government to go in there and do what's best for the Iraqis? We are going to do what's best for us first, even if, in the long run, what's best for us is to do what's best for the Iraqi people.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

cnn is reporting it was 4 deaths. maybe this was another one though. oh yeah i also heard iraq said this is what they destoyed with the suicide bomber. "It said the attack had killed 11 American soldiers and destroyed two tanks and two armored personnel carriers." i read that at that reuters.com page so i dont know how credible they are. but itw ouldnt surprise me how iraq would blow out or porpotion on this like everything else

iJon

11. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

4 deaths

yes, the article that the intro-link links to is a story about a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. There was, however, a suicide bombing in Iraq that killed 4 people.
    max

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: 4 deaths

oh my bad, wasnt paying enough attention. sad to hear that people in both countries died because of these people.

iJon

13. Wash!! macrumors 6502

I think it's time to take off the gloves!!

The US and Brithish they have to take the gloves off I'm sorry but no more surrending shoot first ask questions later.

and just carpet boom the entire city.

this is turning into somalia all over.
    F**K Samdam already:mad:

14. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

Re: I think it's time to take off the gloves!!

And where would that leave us? There'd be a whole lot of Iraqis with even less to live for now that their leader is dead and there cities are in ruins. You might not think you care about how Iraqis feel, but totally destroying their identities and leaving them absolutely hopeless is a perfect formula for suicide bombings.
    max

15. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

This is kind of reaction is exactly what Saddam is hoping for. That's why his troops dress as civilians. That's why this car bombing. He wants our troops to start killing more civilians, which will turn even the most vehemently anti-Saddam Iraqis against us. Then forget Somalia, it'll turn into another Vietnam.

16. Wash!! macrumors 6502

Been there done that!!

They would not missing much as Sadam and company already doing that.:rolleyes:

I come from a place that was like iraq many moons ago. Most people are scrare sh*tless off him an they can't wait to get rid of him.

You try to live in a place where they kill you on the spot if you do not agree with the govement.

Most american can't even imagen what it is to live like that.

17. Wash!! macrumors 6502

Re: Re: I think it's time to take off the gloves!!

You are correct.

18. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Re: How to end terrorism

Of course these terrorist groups has leaders. Hamas has a leader. So does Islamic Jihad. So does Al Quaeda etc... Just because terrorism most likely will never end does not mean we should go after the terrorists. What do you expect us to do about it? Nothing? Your rhetoric seems to be blaming the US for the terrorism against us. You are part of the Blame - America first crowd. Every year the US spends billions of dollars in foreigN aid to the middle east. Our companies have improved the standards of living for billions of people on earth. Our troops have safeguarded the freedom and security of the world since WW2. How do these arrogant governments repay us. With hateful rhetoric culminating in hateful actions. Many nations are jealous of the power that the US has and will stop and nothing to tear us down.

The suffering of Saddam's people is not of our doing. Saddam is solely repsonsible for their plight. He takes money that is ear marked for food that the international community gives him and spends it on weapons. He routinely butchers and tortures his own people and all that people like you can do is to blame the US. I frankly am tired of these anti-American lies. That we are somehow responsible for all of the worlds troubles. PLEASE!!!!

We will liberate the Iraqi people and a free Iraq is what is best for not only America but for the world.

19. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

haha, well we cant now. bush has stated too often that this is a war to free the iraqi people. this shows conceren for them right? so how would you justify going in and blindly bombling away? we would have to market the war differetnly. how about bomb the scum and their larvae? do you like that.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Re: Re: How to end terrorism

American aid = money to buy American goods.
    Your companies have only improved the standard of living for their shareholders.
    Your troops have not safeguarded the people of the Middle East.
    Judging by some of the posts here, you will create a desert and call it peace.....

21. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Re: Re: Re: How to end terrorism

American products have improved the standard of living for billions around the globe. From food, medicine, construction projects, billions of dollars in humanitrian aid, American generosity knows no bounds. To suggest otherwise is intellectually dishonest and downright foolish. American money rebuilt a worn torn Europe including your country. American might protected the Western World against communism.
    The middle east has been unstable long before American influence. The Jews and Arabs have been at each others throats long before America even existed. The US has been pivotal in trying to attain a mid-east peace for the past 25 years. It is the terrorists that are trying to derail the peace process. Don't be deluded into thinking otherwise.

22. atomwork macrumors regular

MM

hm.... interesting. but also intersting is http://www.michaelmoore.com

just my 2 cents guys. no offence to texas fans:)

23. noht* macrumors member

Re: Re: How to end terrorism

against plan nine from outer space?

seriously, i really doubt the validity of this argument, though i read it all the time. the warsaw pact (which i'm guessing you are alluding to) was as less or as much agressive per se as the united states. each side claims 'to have defended the world' from their respective enemy. each side tried to get influence, each side fought their 'just' wars (or supported them) in different parts of the world. each side has overthrown governments, sabotaged elections, assassinated people. i believe neither side has done anything for the freedom and security of the world, they were just caught in a giant stalemate; working out plans for a worldwide nuclear war.

24. Wash!! macrumors 6502

just nuke everybody

Let another specie a shot to do better than we do!:mad:

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Re: Re: Re: How to end terrorism

If you think the america side did nothing for freedom then i suggest a visit to nazi germany, or communist USSR, or maybe current Saddimised Iraq where you get to think like us or die. To allways hear this mlarky about america and not doing anything for freedom is simply fiction. There is one country that has freed more people and more countries then anyother. You can spin, lie, and make your own propaganda but the U.S.A is that country. It aint Saddam's Iraq!It Wasnt Stalins USSR and it wasnt HItlers Nazi Germany.