Suitable for podcasting?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shane2, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Shane2 macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if the 1.42Ghz mini 512Ram would be enough for producing a podcast. I'll also be doing light java/php programming on it. As well as some image work with photoshop elements.

I know the G4 processor is proven, however but if an intel one comes out I am sure that I would not want a first generation one.

Any thoughts on this?

Shane
    PS: I'm new here but run a forum :)

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

For stuff like that, a mini ought to be fine.

3. Shane2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I will not be dissapointed right if I decide to get one of the powerPC mini's for what I want to do right?

I'm currently on a Windows XP P4 2.4Ghz.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's plenty of power to use GarageBand 3 and make a podcast. Just don't try to modify too many software insturments in real time. What's your budget?

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I know that PS Elements won't tax a mini, and for the type of recording a podcast would normally entail, I wouldn't be worried either.

The PHP and Java stuff ought to be fine too. I wouldn't want to compile a whole operating system every day on a mini, but it's more than capable of handling the amount of code one person can dish out!

6. Shane2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in Canada so its a bit more expensive here. I know I can afford the top mac mini advertised on the apple store website.