Summer is Here!!!!! What are you doing? I am going to camp alpine!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by whw5, May 21, 2004.

1. whw5 macrumors regular

It comes every year. Summer Vacation, although you poor adults probably still have to work, most of us students get to have some fun for a few months. You arn't all going to be sitting in front of your T.V the whole Summer so how about sharing what you all are going to be doin'. I myself am going to Camp Alpine for a whole month. This place is awsome they have everything to do. Well lets here what you all are doing!!!!

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I am going to Germany in a few weeks and I might be going to San Fransisco in August if I can get together enough money. It's my Uncle's wedding.

3. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

I am going to Europe for 3 weeks, to visit my friend in Olréans France, my aunt in Brittany, see were my grandfather landed at normandy. thats what i know for sure i will be doing in europe, but i am also trying to arrange to get tickets on the TGV, so i could visit one of my other friends (he is currently an exchange student) who lives an hour south of Munich. (he has gained 6 pounds since eating our north american food)... so i am looking forward to this summer. then it is off for my first year of college.

aethier

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    going back home to the philippines but later go to japan visit friends, then new york then madrid before i start school again in england. thats assuming i dont fail any exams and have to resit them, in that case one of those destinations will be nixed

5. ecche macrumors regular

I am going to .........work :eek: until September, then it's off to Paris, France. Oh, those gloomy Paris evenings...

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

mostly softball...

other than that, just working and possibly studying for GMAT...

7. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

I am leaving next week for Yellowstone National Park. From there I will move on to the Grand Tetons, then back hope with a ton of great pictures.
    I hope.

Oh, how I hate having to drive across Kansas. No wonder Toto ran away ...

8. GiantsFan macrumors member

i will be ... home for about 2 weeks, in which i will go to 2 Giants/Red Sox games... then goin back to riverisde to take summer classes (to get ahead) ... then either home for 3 weeks in sept before fall quarter starts, or stuck in riverside for job training (if i get the job which i hope i will).

9. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

All this stuff sounds awsome, I hope I can go to Italy for Spring Break next year, but if I can't at least i'll have my new Powerbook which I am getting today.

10. dopefiend macrumors 6502

Working so I can eventually move in with my girl before September.

During times of not working, I will be getting some sun at Hurricane Harbor :cool:

11. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I'm going to Boy's state, then I am going to work in my computer store for the rest of the summer. Every day I get to fix Macs;)

12. candan9019 macrumors regular

Work to pay for school. Maybe go up to northern Ontario to visit family. I'll probably go visit friends in Colorado next summer, with summer courses that gives me about 2 weeks.

Although I did just get back from Colorado so I guess my summer trip was in the spring.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ill be leaving for europe in 11 days for about 18 days. visiting many countries and should be a fun time. never been to europe and im quite excited, first stop...Amsterdam :)

iJon

14. dopefiend macrumors 6502

You lucky bastard :p

I can't believe that stuff is legal over there.

15. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

sweet! where else are you going?

just don't get too used to amsterdam... everyone speaks perfectly fluent english there. such won't be the case at other cities in europe, especially in romance language countries, like italy, spain and france.

enjoy!

16. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Hopefuly Bike riding W/ pro's at a camp in Wistler BC. I say hopefuly because knock on wood I will get hurt biking and not be able to go. Also hopefuly working at the bike shop too.

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i cant remember everywhere i am going , ill have to look on the sheet again. i know london, paris, venice, munich, somewhere in switzerland and that may be it, i cant remember.

iJon

18. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

Off to see my Minnesota belle for an unbelievable 2 week reunion - it has been 15 years since we last saw each other and we are practically tripping over our tongues in anticipation! Then I have to go to a Coruña in north of Spain for a month to do some teaching work during the 1000th anniversary of the St Jaques pilgrimage, then a month cycling in the mountains, then to the UK for 3 weeks, then back to Spain end of September to meet my honey again, show her my domain, and give her a taste of what life could be like a long way from Minnesota. It can be so boring being a 40 something. ;)

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

When I was in college, I worked all during the summer. Just took a week or two at the end to relax prior to retuning to class.

This summer looking forward to WWDC & MacWorld Boston. If all works well a G5 this Fall.

20. Steradian macrumors 6502

My buddies and I are gunna go on a ten day cruise from Venice to barcelona, then we are gunna backpack from Barcelona to Dublin. Should be goodtimes, thank god for hostels.

21. Easy D macrumors newbie

iJon If you have any free time during your trip, I recommend going to east europe and stoping on any of the many wonderfull Greek ot Italian Islands. They are without a doubt some of the most beautiful places in the world, and most have pretty good night life too.

As for me I have my graduation ceremony some time late june, don't worry, I'm already done with all of my academic requirements. The only reason the ceremony is so late is becuase my school is stupid. Well after that I'm going to be workin' at my local Taco Bell untill I've saved enough money to go visit my old room mate from boarding school, my Bradda Cuz on Maui. Then I guess its college from there on and then who knows what?

22. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

ohh that sounds fun, them Roommates are great ;)

23. pinto32 macrumors 6502

I'm living with the folks and working at Knoebels Amusement Resort to the tune of about 80 hours a week :D

24. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

well, summer's NOT here yet. We've got finals in the second week of june.

After that, I'm going to spend two months studying for the MCAT. Then I'm going to spend the rest of the summer (~5 weeks) back on campus working intensely in the neurophysiology lab where I research.

25. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I just had a 9-month vacation called unemployment. I am excited about this summer, though, because tomorrow I start work. I will be working this summer and damned happy to do it. And at the end of the summer, say around the first week of September, my wife is due to deliver our third child.