Summerboard or Theme App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ballen420, Jul 10, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I haven't seen much talk about a theme application. Anyone that's browsed through the app store seen one?

I'm unfortunately at work on Win 2000 machine that I can't install iTunes on.

2. macrumors 68000

It's impossible officially with the SDK. Applications can't edit other applications nor the entire system.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't even think about that. That kind of blows. Summerboard is a great app to keep your phone looking fresh.

4. macrumors G3

rhett7660

This is the only thing I am really looking forward to. I hope someone comes up with something. Anything. This is the only reason I JB my phone. Was so I could change the background from black to an image. :(

That just sucks..

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like 2.0 has already been hacked by the dev team. We should hopefully see a JB 2.0 version soon. Doubt I'll be patient enough to wait though with all the news and reviews I've read today.

6. STC
    macrumors 6502

Thats the main reason why I jailbroke my phone.

7. macrumors regular

Maybe Apple will release one?

That function was the strongest reason i had to fight when considering Jailbreaking. I was really hopeful that it might be there on the App store :(

8. macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat. The ability to have real desktop wallpaper is the reason that I first did the JB on my phone with OS 1.1.X. It is too bad that Apple didn't just throw this into OS 2.0. Since they already put in the multiple-page launcher from Summerboard in 1.1.3, they should have just thrown in an option to do wallpaper.