Sun sets in Tate Modern weather display

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that is truly awesome - cool stuff....I'd love to see it in person ;)

You going to try and get there iGav?

D

2. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Definitely.... it'll likely be the weekend though... when it gets too busy.. :rolleyes: I bet it's a fantastic experience first thing in the morning when the Tate is still quiet.

Tate Modern really is an incredible installation space... the one thing that hits you when you first walk in is the sheer size of the Turbine Hall.... it really does make one feel rather small... so Mr D, if you ever end up in London, I suggest that Tate Modern be near the top of the list of places to visit first.... ;)

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Tate Modern is wonderful. One of the coolest things was look out a window and see the Thames and St Paul's. It's just amazing to think of all the history that has taken place in that space, how it's affected the world. Call me a lameass, but it brings tears to my eyes.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I find the project very interesting. I'm sure that the picture doesn't do it justice. It seems that the whole experience would be to see in in person. Don't think that I will be able to atttend. Intestering comment that you never see the same cloud twice. Will be anxious to hear iGAV's assessement.

5. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I've been to the Tate Modern before, only it was early 2001 when I went.
    I think there was an exhibition of lifts just going up and down the huge area.

Hmmm, fog made out of sugar and water, sounds sweet...

6. purplealien macrumors newbie

Went to the Tate Modern at the weekend, the exhibit is pretty amazing. The fog really makes it atmospheric. A good trick is
    to lay on the floor and wave to yourself in the mirrors on the ceiling :D.
    Strange thing its that the light makes everything monochromatic.