Super Cheap 2g Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 01jamcon, Oct 6, 2006.

1. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

No, this isn't one of those stupid spam threads trying to sell you crap from a dodgy website. I promise you that as of the time of writing you can buy a 2G iPod Nano 8GB in black for only £113.99 from Amazon.co.uk

I hope advertising this deal isn't against forum rules, but I guessed that people would want to know about this. For once, its ended up being even cheaper than if you buy it from Apple.com (US), which is quite a feat seeing as UK prices are always so much more.

I certainly hope it isn't a scam, but from such a reputable company as Amazon, I seriously doubt it.

I of course have placed my order for one to be delivered as soon as possible. This simply is a deal too good to be missed. Even if you weren't thinking about buying one previously, you definitly should think about it now.

2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

That is a very good price for it. It is even cheaper than the silver 4GB ipod. I might have to get one myself.

3. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

4. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

Wow I was about to buy a 4GB tomorrow. Any idea why the price is so low? It's like 50 euro cheaper than a 4GB! Do you think it's a mistake? I'm genuinely aprehensive about placing an order cause it's such a sweet deal - strange, I know.

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

This must be a mistake...... I'm tempted to order though, can anyone confirm if they have made an order and it has gone through?

SHadoW

6. weckart macrumors 68040

Probably a pricing mistake as it is the same price as the 4GB. Amazon does this all the time. Expect a cancellation of your order in due course.

On the other hand, you might get lucky. If I hadn't already bought a blue one, I would have leapt at this.

7. 01jamcon thread starter macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

I think the price may be so low because I have read on this forum and on Apple Discussions that there may be more faults that are found particularly on the 8GB black model. Things such as slightly rough finishing on the aluminium, a loose click wheel, problems with synching to a PC and other various problems may have resulted in a lot of returns to Amazon of this particular model, therefore they may want to get rid of this first batch by selling at a cheap price, then selling the new stock back at higher levels.

I however don't care too much about the Nano's finish, as it will probably get beaten up a bit in daily use anyway. As long as it works properly and synchs with my Macbook, I'll have no reason to return it. Of course, Amazon do provide a longer return period than Apple in case I do need to return it.

Like I said, I did place an order, and I have received my confirmation email. So far, everything looks completely legitimate.

I certainly hope not, but I don't particularly mind if it is cancelled. I wasn't really looking to buy a Nano, but I just couldn't turn down such a great offer.

8. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have just placed my order so hopefully everything will go OK with it. I will let you know if it gets cancelled. This means that I will be selling my White 60GB iPod video, anyone interested???

9. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

They just updated the price to 159.99 sterling

10. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Well thanks to 01jamcon's sterling intel, I've ordered one as well - before the price got normalised. I've already got a black 8gigger, but there is at least 2 of my friends who will take this one off my hands.

Just need to see if it gets honoured at the price at time of ordering. I've got the confirmation email at the £113.99 price, but as it's not due to ship until the 15th Oct, there is plenty of time for them to cancel.....

11. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Yup but the 4gb's have dropped to £113.99, and the 2gb's to £92,

ShadoW

12. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

No.
    They were the original Amazon prices anyway.
    The whole 8GB thing is a misprice.

13. LANcaster macrumors newbie

Well I got my order in and confirmed before the price changed back to the correct value, hopefully Amazon will honor it.

14. 01jamcon thread starter macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Just to clarify, Amazon did indeed email me sending a note of cancellation.

However, they very kindly gave me a £20 voucher redeemable on Amazon.co.uk, for use on the purchase of anything. Ha!

Like I first mentioned, I wasn't too bothered whether I was going to get an iPod or not, so this actually resolved itself quite nicely. I hope all you other quick buyers received the same compensation.

15. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco