Super Mario Galaxy does not seem to cool...

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Jun 24, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I like the whole i idea of mario being in space but it does not seem right...i mean you run upside down and fly through space, and Nintendo does not even seem to be taking full advantage of the wii-mote. All i have seen is the twirl move, and the slingshot for killing that spider, do you think Nintendo will add on any more moves and stuff?? And i know alot of people did not like Super Mario Sunshine because of the whole thing about cleaning the pollution but i found it an incredibly fun game. I think that FLOOD should make a comeback, i really like him. Nobody flame me from my post just i want to hear your opinions on what i said..:)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The demo nintendo showed off at E3 will be a very smart part of the game and may end up being just one tiny fraction of a level/world (as say the lava world in Mario 64 or iceworld)...

Don't worry Nintendo wont balls it up.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Really now....super mario sunshine comes to mind.....I think this new mario will be alright n stuffs....i need to get my hands on the Wii first before I say anything.

Bless

4. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Well i really hope soo.....i want this mario game to be the best ever made, like the new zelda game is going to be...:D

5. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I think I'm one of the 10 people on the face of the Earth that actually enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine....like MacRumorUser said, Nintendo won't flop w/ Mario (or at least I don't think so)

6. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I haven't finished it yet but Sunshine has been very fun, though I did have more fun on the levels that required no "cleaning", heh.

I think Galaxy will be just fine, but I can't say I've seen much that demonstrates scale on the level of even Mario 64... levels not as interesting as the other games so far.

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

*flame... flame.. flame* i have a feeling nintendo has done a whole lot more to this game than what we've seen.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

too cool. I thought you were going to say
    "Super Mario Galaxy does not seem to cool...
    ... drinks down in the summer" or something.

meh. I'm looking forward to it. I really enjoyed Sunshine. not so much as Mario 64 but it was still a very well made game. some levels blew me away, the giant waterfall level, the village ontop of the island and the first level I played just for the sake of being in that level.
    and of course the bonus levels were incredible. Really like them. be great if Nintendo made a game using that style.

9. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

The demo looks like a ton of fun to me. Very mario 64ish in terms of massive world exploration and 3D conversions. Nothing is to say there won't be some really giant worlds that are somilar to the regular mario experience.

And I agree with what others have said. Mario Sunshine is a good game, but frankly quite difficult for the average gamer. I whopped many other Mario games but Sunshine put me on my ass sometimes...especially some of the tricky jumping and aggrevating camera.

High hopes for this game, can't wait to get my hands on a wii...errrr...... :rolleyes:

10. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I was actually looking forward to a game more like Super Mario 64 for the next Mario game, so I'm not quite sure what to think of Super Mario Galaxy quite yet. I'll have to experience it for myself. The one thing I hope for is that they make some planets that are pretty big and intricate, unlike what was shown at E3. I'll be buying the game regardless, though... I mean, it is still Mario.:p

11. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

Personally, I am wet with anticipation for Mario Galaxy. It's reason enough to buy the Wii.

12. Torajima macrumors regular

I'm not a huge Mario fan, but this game looks quite cool to me.

The ability to run 360 degrees around a planet is a pretty clever idea.

13. socamx macrumors 6502

The game will do fine, just need to play it before truly marking it down first.

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Yeah, there's this thing called gravity. I'm sure al the scientists in Antarctica (or would Australia be directly opposite?) would disagree that they're walking around upside down.