Super Mario Galaxy Footage

Discussion in 'Games' started by gloss, Mar 8, 2007.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but: Cool.

Killer app, here we come.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

There are some really great game play videos on YouTube. Personally, I think the Wii is worth it for this and Zelda alone.

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

The Wii is worth it for a game that isn't even out yet? :confused:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

When thus game is a proper Mario game, then yes.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Exactly. It's obvious the gameplay is very similar to Mario 64 and from the videos we know the worlds are way out there. It just looks great.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not only that but it's got chunks of the fabled Mario 128 in there.
    I think I know what a small bit of the formula is too. I was going to use it in one of my games, but it was shelved.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

but then again Pikimin did as it would seem...that said I love Pikimin, never really got into Pikimin 2 as it go it around Wii launch

8. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

9. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Mario Galaxy looks great. It is a must have game for most I would assume. I actually like the look of Super Paper Mario better but I'm probably in the minority...

So, so far there are several guaranteed "must have" AAA first party games for the Wii this year (including those already released), assuming they all are released on time. (I doubt any of these will disapoint with big N's track record).

Zelda: TP
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Then there are at least a few good first party games to get people by on the 2007 radar...

Excite Truck
    Wario Ware
    Mario Party 8
    Big Brain Academy
    Battalion Wars 2
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
    Animal Crossing Wii
    Forever Blue
    DK Bongo Blast
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Also, tons of great VC games for retro gamers...

Surely, at least a couple of devs will step up to the plate and deliver a AAA title. I don't really see what people are complaining about...I barely have enough time to play what I already have and there is much much more coming this year from Nintendo alone without even considering the third parties...

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Stop saying "Excite Truck"... Stuck a load of new songs on an SD card today and I'm re-addicted :( just unlocked the 6th to last car. This game is frankly too good. I have to go play it again now :(

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

hope so....but then again you didn't pick of GoW, so who knows

12. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

did i say when i was going to get this game? nope :p

but it does seem like a good game. and since i have like no Wii games, all the better.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I think it looks really cool, but my gf (the huge mario fan) thinks it looks to complicated to play. I see her point because the camera angles look a little difficult to steer mario around as he is flying all over the place.

Mind you, Nintendo is making the Wii for non-gamers/light-gamers so I imagine it will be easy to control.

14. applekid macrumors 68020

Doesn't appear to be too much platforming. It's kind of a different Mario game, I think.

Super Paper Mario is a platformer and more like a "Mario game." Mario Galaxy looks impressive and interesting, but I don't see it being like Mario 64 or even Sunshine where you had real platforming elements. Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched about this game, but it's not the classic Mario.

Just my thoughts.

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

16. bwanac macrumors regular

I am anticipating paper mario more than this.

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

After seeing videos for both of these, they're on the same level for me. They both look awesome.

18. Agilus macrumors regular

Wow, that does look cool. :)

Hopefully it won't be that hard to control. Going from past Mario game experience, it probably won't. The only bad experience I had was a few places in Super Mario Sunshine (where you had to depend on the weird silhouetted mario behind a wall), and even those weren't -that- bad.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game looks great..I just want to see how its going to control. The game does look good. I think I'm going to get plenty head pains with all the upside down action.

Bless

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Back on the N64 I remember when Mario was heralded as it was the first 3D game to offer camera control too. wasn't this mentioned in the manual too? I suppose the Wii TP showed us that Nintendo know how to do total CPU camera control now without messing it up.

21. pcypert macrumors 6502

I too am looking more forward to paper mario...i love the sideways action a ton more than mario 64 type play. I'd take a really beefed up New Super Mario Brothers over this any day of the week...

Paul

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Super Mario Galaxy is a peice of cake to control. I was genuinely surprised at how easy it was (I expected it to feel funny not holding a regular controller, at least).

23. Agilus macrumors regular

It must be nice to get to play these games before the rest of the world. :) I admit I'm a little jealous.

24. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I love the set and character design, but hope the game turns out to be more challenging and less 'on rails' than it looks. It doesn't appear as if there's much to do or much danger to avoid on any one of those Little Prince inspired planetoids before hopping to the next one. Right now I'm much more excited about Super Paper Mario, but based on the footage I've seen so far, even that game seems to have too many segments (e.g. the part where the stencilled platforms which rotate into and out of the plane of the screen just pass Mario along to one another in succession) where Mario seems to not be in control by Mii. That said, I'll buy buy both games in a heartbeat just to imbibe the spirit of Mario's creator.