Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Discussion in 'Games' started by erickg, May 12, 2006.

1. erickg macrumors 6502

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Looks freakin awesome. This Yosih's Island 2, and SSBB are the games that got me drooling. The planetary concept of this game looks so cool. And the ability to use the pointer to interact with the environment makes it awesome. I can't wait.

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I haven't seen that movie but everything I've seen looks amazing. I was skeptical at first but I think this Mario installment will be nothing short of amazing.

4. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I haven't played any games in the Mario series since Super Mario World/All-Stars on the SNES. I hope the N64 Mario games are cheap to get on Virtual Console so I can give them a whirl before trying out this one.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game looks like a lot of fun..i can't wait to get my hands on it.....i had my doubts about it but when i saw it in action i changed my mind.

Bless

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

7. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Holy nora I'm in love and I've only seen 30 seconds!

See the way I look at this is Nintendo made perfect Mario games left right and flippin centre. They made 1 doozy (as seen by most people) - Sunshine. Nintendo know what they can do with Mario to make it good. frankly I'd be surprised if 100% of their Mario platform games were perfect.

anywho. those graphics look superb! one thing that gets me about the Wii is the amazing lighting. especially in games like this, it really aids the cartoon look.

10. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

that is so amazing. I cannot wait to play this game!!!!!!!! I'm glad that we're back to collecting stars though, it was a needed change back from Shine Sprites *shudders* :)

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Am i the only one who like sunshine? :confused: I thought it was great, some of the levels were scarily fustrating though.

Galaxy looks fun indeed.

12. vniow macrumors G4

****, this almost makes me want to buy a Wii now. And I haven't had a console since the original Playstation.

13. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i never got sunshine because it looked stupid and people said it was stupid. what was the surprise?

14. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I liked it! I think it is very underrated, mostly by those who barely played it, as is common.

Sprites/Stars... same thing in the end just a different look. Nearly all mario games have had some sort of "attachment" involved and people didn't complain... Leaf (SMB3, racoon), Teddy Bear (SMB3, stone), Cape (SMW), Wings (Mario 64), Jet Pack (Sunshine).

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

For some reason sunshine never take to me...i got it home and i played it like 3 times:( ...i just don't like it. This one seems to have some more beef to it with better gameplay.

Bless

16. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

What I don't think a lot of people know is that the "clean-up" part of the game is not throughout the entire things and is plays out to be more of a story device then anything.

Edit: This post is regarding Super Mario Sunshine.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I loved it :) but what did you expect :rolleyes:

seriously it was a very playable game. Very difficult though, I've yet to find someone who has 100%ed it. I found the level design absurdly good, I mean they were beautiful, well positioned, just perfect. The music was catchy. The FLUDD thing was a pain at first but it grew on me.

Back to Galaxy though.
    I LOVE THE MUSIC. Seriously. that beautiful, beautiful track playing just before the boss is amazing (specifically the bit where Mario is luring a Bullet Bill to the star, with the glockenspiel and the string bit, very old-Zelda like). It's so floaty and way better than anything I've heard in a game since... Mario World? And the BOSS! WOW. It's so huge, so Nintendo. I cannot wait for this game.
    I haven't heard yet, IS THIS GAME A LAUNCH TITLE? If so then I have my 3 launch title games solidified (Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess).

18. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

SuperMario sunshine is NOT hard. That said I had some trouble with the final bowser fight as when I smashed the edges of the platform I couldn't climb back up easy and I would get to an edge and it would mess me up. But my second time through it was easy, so who knows.

This mario looks like a joke. What is the point of a platformer when you can't fall off the platform? Its like Mario is running around with magnetic boots on. When he's climbing the boss and you see the swirling gears and he just jumps over it, its like the game is playing itself.

Sorry, but from what I've seen this mario looks super watered down and not remotely challenging or fun. Mario 64 for ever!

19. Miguey macrumors 6502

20. Quantum Man macrumors member

That "flying" scene from one orb to the next was really cool. I loved SM64 and I'm sure this one will be awesome as well. I wasn't even considering getting a Wii but now... :D

21. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Finally looks like a return to the lore of SM64. Sunshine was a gorgeous game, but ultimately unengaging and very difficult for the casual gamer to get into. I think galaxy will succeed where interim games have failed. :D

Can't wait to buy it.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, I stuggled and fought my way to Mario 64 on the N64. I breezed through it on the DS. Sunshine I just find a little too difficult... and I beat Halo 1 on Legendary and FarCry on the second to last difficulty! I dunno, I probably didn't blend well with some new elements or something. I found the final boss very easy though *insert strange emoticon* but fail to 100% it.

You can fall off. :confused: You can fall into those 'black hole' pits in the middle of planets. can't you see them? in the video nobody fell in them.

23. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

No unfortunately it will not. within 6 months though apparently. shame. still if zelda is as big as they say... might be smash bros time by then.

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hah! Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess completion time? Mario Galaxy. Mario Galaxy completion time? Smash Bros Brawl. Realises I've got another load of characters and maps to unlock? Nintendo Wii 2.

25. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

looks freakin great i want a wii so bad and im not even a fanboy...