Super Paper Mario must-see videos

Discussion in 'Games' started by zero2dash, Mar 7, 2007.

1. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I thought to post this in the other thread Sky Blue started last week, but...this video is a must-see for anyone interested in the Wii and especially those interested in Super Paper Mario.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/853/853822/vids_1.html

The Desert (480p Off Screen)

Anyone can complain about Nintendo all the want, and that idiot at Spore can say the Wii is $#!t, but I don't care. Anytime you come up with something like this that is this original and looks this fun...I tip my hat to you...hell with that...I worship the ground you walk on. :D

Wow :)

April 9th! w00t!!

Edit
    I just found another great vid of this.
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/gdc07-clip-super-paper-mario-242436.php
    This vid has someone walking the player/footage taker through how the game works.

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

This game looks superb. I'm getting more and more excited about it. Actually, I like 2-D Mario best so it is more appealing to me than Mario Galaxy.

So far, I see no reason why it won't get universal critical acclaim. Probably, the second must own title for most Wii owners this year after Zelda...

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

That looks amazing; I can't wait to see how the controls work.

4. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Go Nintendo

I'm 24. I still think I would pick this game up and not be able to put it down. I cannot wait till I get a Wii. They are currently like Gold Dust in Central London.

I have to walk past my local Game shop at 8am to find out if they'l recieve any that morning. Then they hold onto them until midday - where its first come, first served.

Nintendo simply can't make enough of these things...

5. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Wow

I must admit, I had no desire for this game until I saw this video, now I really want it. That's very impressive. I love the 2D to 3D concept, with the little meter so you can only go into 3D for so long before you have to recharge.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

I saw the kotaku footage, and I'm watching this one now. I must say, though, that much of the recent buzz has convinced me to drop the cash for this one when it comes out.

I wonder what the control scheme will be like. Will it be remote only, or will you need the nunchuck too? Neither way would necessarily bother me, but the controls seem really simple.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll crawl through broken glass for this game.

8. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Damn bro that's hardcore :D
    LOL

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is there a Paper Mario title planned / existing for the DS?

10. pcypert macrumors 6502

It looks really nice...hope there's not that much in the game that takes you out of control of the character though (the swing thingies). Wonder why they pushed it back though? Wonder what needed sorting out? If it wasn't anything big and I can find a buyer for my 360 this is a must buy for me. Loved the first one immensely.

Paul

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

pee ess. This will be the first Paper Mario game I play. No idea why but I just completely skipped over the Gamecube game(s?).

12. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Me too. I wanted Thousand Year Door but never picked it up. I will (eventually). :)

13. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I have Thousand Years Door but this is something totally different. Thousand Years Door is more of a traditional RPG (turn based battles etc.) but this is an 2D/3D side scrolling action RPG like a hybrid of Zelda II and Ocarina...It looks really really fun. I wonder if there will be towns between levels or an overworld map or the levels will just be numbered?

14. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Anybody wanna upload it to youtube? Damn websense here at work...:mad:

15. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The game looks nice but.....

I don t know why but the 'Mondrian' like backgrounds in the sky and square style isn't floating my design boat.

Just is a bit too square and angualr for my liking.

That being said - with very few Wii titles that look AAA grade material on the release radar for this year - it's definetly on my to buy list regardless.

17. pcypert macrumors 6502

Just to clarify for others reading these posts...there was paper mario before gamecube...just kind of confusing in the wording of jimmi's post. I started with the 64 version and missed the cube version...am looking forward to playing it soon though :)

Paul