Super shuffle - FM Radio and Recorder

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iGary, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Obvious "OMG WHAT BLATANT THIEVES!" comments aside, how do they manage to fit so much in the tiny little enclosure? And if they can fit that extra hardware in there, howcome Apple's isn't smaller?

2. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

From their site.

LOL :D

3. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

It may be a rip off but id buy that over the shuffle. Its probably cheaper and has fm radio. Sorry Apple. :D

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Somebody at Apple's manufacturer, or the company that makes the dies or tools for the iPod shuffle sold some "stuff" to someone. ;)

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One tiny improvement

Putting some ridges on the switch(es) on the back.

In this weather, with hands in gloves, the Shuffle switch is a little awkward and not very grippy.

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Wow that's pretty sad. Even Sony's new "Shuffle competition" at least looks somewhat original (and actually the screen on that thing looked pretty sweet.) But taking EVERYTHING from the competition, down to the advertising campaign? Thats just pathetic.

When I saw this story I thought it was April 1st at first... maybe this leaked early?

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i had an i-Bead once which to this day i still say was my greatest MP3 player which is only a bit thicker than an iPod shuffle but had FM radio, voice recorder, 14 hour battery life WITH a screen.

sorry Apple but i too would go for the Super Shuffle or whatever its called.

8. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I'm all for competition and everything, but they've obviously copied the name (partially, almost the same case as "Lindows"), the design (doesn't Apple have copyrights on their designs?) and marketing (doesn't Apple have copyrights on the style of their ads?).

"LUXPRO CORPORATION is recognized by a technological group. They work in researching, designing, and innovation products for over 30 years."

I guess they've used the same definitions of "designing" and "innovation" as Microsoft. :rolleyes:

9. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I wonder what legal recourse Apple might have?

Anyone know anything about international trade law?

10. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

On going to their website, there is no link to buy that product :confused:

Are they going to manufacture their innovative product in future or is it already here?

11. zen macrumors 65816

zen

How on earth can they do this? The company making this player can't be this niave - Apple will destroy them (legally speaking, I mean). They deserve it too.

Unless this is some kind of joke/hoax/wind-up? You can't rip off the product EXACTLY and even the advertising. Apple shut down several iMac copies back in the late 90s. This shuffle clone will last a week.

Adam

12. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

It seems they have to wait 1 to 7 business days for their parts. So give them a little time.

13. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

The only good about this "Super Shuffle" , IMO, is that it has an FM tuner which is something I think would have been good in the Shuffle. But nonetheless, this is a pathetic rip off. I mean not only in the product, but in the marketing to. I mean they have the same concept of the silhouette ads as Apple.

14. Mantat macrumors 6502a

i think this is just a marketing plot to get some attention. The copyright infrigement is too obvious.

I dont think this product exist, if it did, there would be more than just a banner picture, we would have seen some repport of its use.

On the other hand, this company is from China (read somewhere that its owned by the gov) and we all know that chiness dont know the meaning of copyright at all.

Personnaly, I try to boycot product made in china as much as I can, the first step being to never go to Walmart...

15. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Your PowerMac was made there. :)

16. macridah macrumors 6502a

macridah

What the #### ! How could a company do that ... what are they thinking ... is steve gonna get pissed.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

OMG!?!?!

apple should sew the !@!#!#@#@ it cant be legal to make a product thats such an ovious copy @#$@#$.

18. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

19. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Hence, the 'try'... I wouldn mind paying 100-200$ more if it was made in Canada.

I know that my view is utopist but still, I always try to encourage local economy when I can. People call me a greedy bastard because I dont give money to charity, yet I buy more local stuff than most of these 'good' people... So in the end my actions have way more impact than theirs.

20. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Just giving your cage a little rattle..no disrespect meant. ;)

21. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

I would buy it to if it has the same quality and durability as apple products. I wonder what the warranty is and if you could get extended warranties on it like applecare...

22. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Apple will have a cease and desist order on the books tomorrow. This thing will never see the light of day in the U.S.

Total trade dress infringement.

23. saurus macrumors member

2nd Mantat Buying Decision

I'm in the same boat as Mantat regarding Made in China, and for the record, 1st Gen PowerMac G5's were US made... so I bought one. :)

24. TheT macrumors 6502

You can see this product at the German "CeBIT", which started yesterday. It does exist, but I doubt any consumer will be able to get one... Apple legal will shut them down. I think they want to tell us something: just because the iPod shuffle has the iPod brand, it doesn't mean it is any good. They can sell this (with FM-Tuner and voice recorder) for less money (65 Euros for 512MB, 97 Euros for 1GB, compared to 99/149).

Pictures are avaiable on the German site Macnews.de.

[​IMG]