Superbowl Ads...The Best...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Over Achiever, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Ok, right now this is a bit premature right now, but I want to know who here is planning to record the superbowl including the commercials, whether with eyetv, formac, or something like that.

My plan is...after the game, for a day or so get your opinions on which ads you thought were funny (include a general time when it occured so it'd be easier to find).

Hopefully we can narrow the field down, then if someone is willing to post the QT movies on a site, maybe we could have a vote for the best ad.

In the meantime...anyone want to discuss any previous superbowl ads that they thought were really good?

(dunno how well this thread will fly, but i'll give it a shot)

2. 3777 macrumors 6502

Re: Superbowl Ads...The Best...

There were some great one's ..... I just can't remember them right now:(

3. Over Achiever thread starter macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Is it just me, but what happened to all the posts? :confused:

[EDIT]Never mind, I read the front page :eek:. Sorry...i usually do straight to the forums...sorry[/EDIT]

Anyway, did anyone record the game w/ commericals? Lets start this thread back up...the commercials I liked were the FedEx one where the guy was dedicated and delivered the package after he was stranded on an island with it. The package contained "useless" items like a GPS tracker, global phone, packet of seeds, some food rations, you know, useless stuff.:D I liked it...very ironic.

High marks for interesting/creativity goes to the Bud Light commercial w/ the upside down clown.:rolleyes:

4. TheMightyG macrumors regular

Aside from Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, I thought they were all pretty weak.

I will admit to chuckling a little bit with the upside down clown bit, however.

Nothing will ever beat that EDS "Running with the squirrels" bit 2-3 years ago.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Anyone know where to find them free online?

one of my favorite was Reebok:Terry Tate:Office Linebacker - especially the Office Space reference to missing coversheets to the TPS report :D

D

6. 3777 macrumors 6502

Terry Tate office linebacker, the Ozzy Osborne one, and the guy who wore the poodle on his head.:D

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You can see a lot of them here

The Matrix one is pretty sweet! But its not as though they actually needed to advertise this during the SuperBowl :D

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bud commercial where guy comments on ref reviewing replay saying that ref is a jackass where actually he was a zebra while the players(horses are waiting)

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

and on that note... everyone should do themselves a favor and go to reebok.com and see all that terry tate has to offer... oh man that guy rules

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

12. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I thought that the Osbournes Pepsi Twist Commercial was funny. And I also liked the FedEx commercial based off Castaway.

13. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

A longer version of the Reebok one is on their website in QT format in high quality. I thought that it was the best one this year.

14. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

That wasn't a poodle! Get your dogs straight. ;)

He wore a Hungarian Puli. The only reason I know, is because my grandfather bread them. They are great dogs.

PS:

The commercials were weak. It seems all the money from the .com days really made a difference...

Do you remember eTrade's dancing monkey? Herding Cats? Those were the days.

15. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I liked the Yao Ming commercial, YAAAAAAOOOOOOO