Superdrive Disappeared!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by forthebrave, Mar 4, 2006.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

Just got my iMac G5 back from APPLE, after getting my display fixed, I tried inserting a CD into the CD DRIVE and it won't except it!!! I mean it doesn't spit it out, or make any noise , when I push my CD into it nothing happens it just sits there. I opened up TOAST and was told " no recorder found " I then opened up SYSTEM PROFILER and was told " No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly. " I also checked under HARDWARE/ATA and " no information found " WHAT IS GOING ON??? I feel like I was put to sleep and my kidney was removed to be sold on the Black Market!! I just got over the trauma of my 1 year old iMac's display burning out and now this??

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Sounds like Apple forgot to reconnect you superdrive. I once took my iBook in to CompUSA to get more RAM, and they forgot to connect the airport card.
    You could call Apple and tell them. But then you have to ship it back. Try going to a local computer store that supports Macs, see if they will do it.

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Time to give Apple a call and raise some hell.

4. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

You won't catch a...umm..bird with...errr....lemons? you have to use...bird seed.
    Humpf
    Well. there's some great old saying that goes along those lines.
    Oh oh, I know, demand to talk to Steve Jobes!