Superdrive not reading cds on 17 inch PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Fabrix2003, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

erm weird but my powerbook is not reading any cds!! i put a cd in dvd audio or blank cd in and it tajes it makes a small beep then three beeps and ejects it?? whats that all about

is it a fault

is there any thing i can do??

2. thecow macrumors 6502

If it is still under warranty you can take it to the nearest apple store to have it fixed. You could also buy a replacement drive off the net and install it yourself. Only do the second one if the warranty is expired.

3. Fabrix2003 thread starter macrumors regular

one thing i have just done, thats working is i dont really use the cd d rive that often due to being at college and saving work on the server i think it was a bit rusty or summit, i just kept putting in a audio cd till it accepted it and played been playing the same cd for about 30 mins now so hopefully the parts have warmed up and got into order, keep you informed how it goes pal ta for the help.

Paddy. :rolleyes:

4. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

wanna hit me with some links?
    my superdrive is crazy buggy... and i might look into getting a new one

ill put in a cd, and the whole thing will just vibrate, and my computer will lock up for minutes at a time... and i cant burn cds at full speed anymore... haven't tried a dvd in a while, but the last few i burnt turned into expensive coasters