Superdrive or External DVD Burner???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Peter Griffin, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Peter Griffin macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2005
    So I've got my eye on the 14 inch iBook with Superdrive custom. I don't necessarily need this feature (not that i know of) and would like to save an additional 100 bucks. I was wondering if there are external DVD burners out there that I could buy should I ever need to burn DVDs. Anyway thanks in advance. I'm new to mac so I apologize for the newb question.
  2. longwood macrumors regular

May 10, 2005
    i bought a dvd burner a while ago while i still had my windows machine i didn't bother going for the superdrive i just figured that i would use my dvd burner that i already had. i use my burner quite often, at least a couple of times a week, whether it is burning dvds or backing up stuff on my hard drive. i like having the capability of using it on other machines and not being limited to just using it on one (this) computer.
  3. Mood macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2005
    cd-r is fine, ipod is a good backup device also you know.

but get the superdrive instead of the external one, it'll keep the ibook's resale value a little higher than the combo one when you have to sell it