Superdrive replacement - how long does it take?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tymmz, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

The Superdrive in my PB needs to be repaired/replaced.

I was wondering how long it will take.

Does anyone know?

cheers

thx

2. lucius macrumors member

I brought mine in, thinking it would be a warranty job (turned out not to be). They quoted me 7-10 days (in a UK Apple store). If you go to an independent Apple reseller it might be a different timescale.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

4. zendoki macrumors newbie

Optical Drive Problems

Hi,

I got my MacBook in November and when inporting CD's it was extremely noisy and stalled on several occasions. I took it to an authorised repairer and he replaced the drive which took about a week. When I got it back it was quiet but after a while I've noticed that I still have the same importing issues wherebye it stalls during the import. Since I use my MB to DJ this is hardly ideal.

Important bit - this is a problem with the Optical Drives and Mac know about it but won't admit it. If they replace your drive with a Matshita UJ 857 then you will still have the same problems. I explained to Mac Technical Support that I already had a replacement drive and that it was a problem aswell and that I now wanted either a completely new machine (Core 2 Duo) or a refund. They offered a refund or a like for like machine without even looking at it (hence I know they know there is a problem).

I am getting a full refund. I will go back to my G4 PB and either order a new MB as the prices have come down or wait until I know there isn't a problem.

I've read rerports of other people on their third or fourth machine so don't go there - look at your options and be tough with Apple. They made record profits last year.

Zendoki