Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Super20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Council Bluffs, IA
I have a 15" powerbook aluminum.
I just noticed tonight whilst using it that the metal just above my superdrive slot looks and feels like it is melting. The metal is visably wavey from the left side of the slot all the way to the corner. It has never been dropped and when it's not on my desk, it's in my Brenthaven bag. Anyone have any idea with the deal is?

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
ok

i think your pb's fan may not be colling ur pb and your chasing is getting warped !!

call apple now and get them to look at it !!!!!

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Gokhan said:
i think your pb's fan may not be colling ur pb and your chasing is getting warped !!

call apple now and get them to look at it !!!!!

Although there are cases of Powerbooks warping, I think your just over doing it albeit.
The powerbook has one fan and its in the back and cools the vid card and processor. It does not directly cool the superdrive. The superdrive will not get hot enough to warp the casing unless it was spinning for hours. Fan problems would not affect the slot only. If your processor wasn't being cooled, the whole case would warp not just the slot.

Either way you should tell Apple about it.

flat6

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2004
Does it look like mine :(
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/133754/

pb_warp.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.