superduper discount coupon

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by ckyr, Dec 7, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Since everybody is trying to save money these days, is anybody aware of any promotional coupon codes for SuperDuper!?

2. macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Unfortunately no on the SuperDuper coupon, but a lot of people consider the free Carbon Copy Cloner to do just as good a job on cloning drives. I use both Carbon Copy Cloner as well as the registered verison of SuperDuper and really don't have a preference for one over the other to be honest.

3. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

From what I remember (I use Time Machine now) SuperDuper has the ability to save only changes once the first backup is done. That saves a LOT of time.

4. macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

That is true (called incremental backup BTW), but CCC has the same capability as well.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

this is mainly the reason I want to use it for. CCC is fines but takes forever. You can use SuperDuper to make daily bootable backups much faster.

I emailed the developers and they do not even offer educational discounts. Anyway. Maybe I will have to pay full price.

6. macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, good luck to you- hope you find a discount! :)

I honestly don't understand since I use them both and they both do incremental backups (as I mentioned above) of only added/changed files. Because of that, daily backups (which I do on 3Tb worth of drive space onto two backups- one SuperDuper set and one CCC set because I am paranoid about data loss! :D) are virtually identical time-wise.Carbon Copy Cloner calls the process "Incremental Backup", while SuperDuper calls it "Smart Backup".

7. macrumors 65816

dolphin842

To the OP...

You only have to pay the $28 license fee once: I bought it years ago and still get free updates. The quickness of the Smart Update feature saved all my data once upon a time when my hard drive was on the ropes. It's one of the best software deals out there.