superduper is err...super!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by student_trap, Apr 21, 2006.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

Hey guys,

i just had to announce to MR hoe good this software is.

It is ridiculously easy to use and does exactly what it says on the tin! I downloaded it yesterday and was backed up within half an hour (of which i only spent about a minute at my computer!)

One question though, how do i boot from the clone i made? And when i shutdown and start up after using the clone, will i have to reselect my powerbooks internal HD as the drive to boot from, or will it do it automatically? I ask because my powerbook is not always connected to the HD, and i was concerned about booting from the external HD, shutting down, disconnecting the HD and then trying to boot up on the move and getting stuck!

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Seems like more than one question. ;)

Way 1) Select the external boot device from the Startup Disk prefpane. And no. You have to reselect, or unpluf the external, but that will slow the boot process as it looks for the external and then fails over to the internal. Which means you'd have to then reselect the internal once it boots. Or when you're booted from the external. Confused yet?

Way 2) Hold down Option at boot and select the boot on your external device. This is your best bet.

3. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

thanks for the reply, method 1 is indeed confusing, think i'll (as recommended) stick to method two. thanks:)