Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobarito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A L A S K A
I just got superduper. I'll be backing up my 60GB iBook HD to my 280GB firewire external every day. I have a lot of other things on the external, so I'm just backing up to a disk image on the external instead of making an exact copy of the drive.

If my main HD on my iBook were to explode tomorrow, how would I go about restoring from this disk image?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
Bobarito said:
I just got superduper. I'll be backing up my 60GB iBook HD to my 280GB firewire external every day. I have a lot of other things on the external, so I'm just backing up to a disk image on the external instead of making an exact copy of the drive.

If my main HD on my iBook were to explode tomorrow, how would I go about restoring from this disk image?

i did this very thing last week, except i was using a usb 2.0 drive. boot the ibook from tiger cd/dvd > utilities > disk utilities > click on the 'restore' tab. drag in the image, the ibook drive, click restore, and wait. works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.